This is job is at a Depot Level repair facility. Military aviation platform experience in the F/A-18, P-3, H-60 is a plus. EA-6B and/or T-44 experience is a must.
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including, but not limited to, flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions
- Applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals
- Make necessary entries into aircraft logs and records
- Disassembly, repair and assembly of aircraft structural components, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, internal and external fuel cells, cockpits, landing gear and all related sub-assemblies
- Veteran use of all associated hand tools and mechanic tools required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A&P license not required but a plus
- Prefer experience from military fixed wing community (F/A-18, P-3, EA-6B,H-60) or civilian heavy structure background
- Minimum five (5) years heavy structure U.S. Military or related FAA or civil aviation
- Must be able to work in tight and enclosed spaces
- Must have EA-6B and/or T-44 experience
- Must have Military installation DEPOT level maintenance experience
- Must be able to read and interpret maintenance instruction manuals, blue prints, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check, which could include a full credit check
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to work in small and confined spaces.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.