JOB SUMMARY: Supply engineering technical expertise primarily in the engine integration and propulsion systems engineering area, including varying aspects of mechanical systems (i.e. engine integration, environmental control systems, fuel systems, oxygen, hydraulic, engine, flight controls, landing gear, pneumatic) to support the development, certification, sustaining design, production, and post-delivery support of SyberJet SJ30 products. In addition, provide support to other groups such as electrical, avionics, flight test modification engineering as required to support the company's overall objectives and successfully integrate outsourced system components in the aircraft. Prepare certification analysis reports as well as certification test plans and test results, reports, and provide oversight of those tests. This position will involve the creation of design solutions, the hands-on implementation of those solutions, as well as the effort required to obtain certification approvals for those designs. Some travel required.
- The engineer will be responsible for the creation and implementation of propulsion and mechanical system designs and design concepts that improve and maintain the safety, reliability, and producibility of the SJ30 and other SyberJet designs.
- The engineer will be responsible for supervising supplier activity to develop, design and produce mechanical systems and powerplant related components meeting program schedules, budgets, and certification requirements.
- The engineer will provide Specification Control Drawings and Statements of Work for outsourced mechanical systems components and will work closely with potential suppliers and SJA Purchasing to provide supplier selection recommendations.
- The engineer will be responsible for creation, revision and review of certification test plans, and certification test reports as well as analysis reports that are required for equipment qualification and aircraft certification.
- The engineer will provide onsite ground development and certification test witnessing and support for propulsion/mechanical systems and their components.
- The engineer will attend preliminary and critical design reviews to assure supplier design requirements in the mechanical systems discipline are met.
- The engineer will review Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, will work with customer support and SJA repair station personnel to resolve aircraft in service issues and, when required, to provide input to or review service bulletins.
7-15 years of experience in industry, with high proficiency in the following areas:
- Design, analysis and/or flight testing of turbine aircraft or turbine aircraft systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze engineering sketches and drawings.
- Ability to interpret engineering schematics, engine installation instructions, and other technical documentation related to propulsion and mechanical systems, and to use these skills to communicate new system integration concepts.
- Working knowledge of FAA/EASA certification requirements (Part 23 Normal and Commuter Category, and Part 25).
- Ability to create qualification test plans and associated results reports for aircraft systems and components.
- Ability to create and review both function hazard and system safety analysis reports.
- Ability to review designs of engineering team during the drawing check and release process to ensure designs meet certification requirements and will support SJA's intended operation.
- Proficient using Microsoft products i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Proficient with CAD System UG NX.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, and contractors; must be a team player.
- Self-motivated, ability to work within a lean organization and willing to work in multiple discipline areas to attain the overall company objectives, and ability to manage time effectively.
- Position may require exposure to hot and cold working conditions within an aircraft hangar, in addition to moderate to extreme noise conditions.
- May be required to lift, carry, move and position objects weighing up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- May be required to bend, stoop, crouch, ascend, and descend.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
ABOUT MSC AEROSPACE: MSC Aerospace (www.mscaerospace.com) is a family of integrated and synergistic companies with aerospace related operations. Besides producing the SJ30 light business jet, MSC Aerospace companies support the manufacture and assembly of aircraft components for many leading commercial and military customers.