Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
This position supports tasking at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, VA. This position will require 25% travel. Selected candidate will assist in the d evelopment and support policies for the ACC Aircrew Flight Equipment program. The Aircrew Flight Equipment Specialist will provide support to ACC/A3 to organize, train, equip, and determine necessary policies, regulations, directives, programs, doctrine, and procedures for the establishment and maintenance of assigned command Aircrew Flight Equipment programs. Successful applicant will assist in Command logistician efforts related to warehousing, procuring, and sustaining flight equipment to support aviators. Candidate will be responsible for assisting HAF in developing strategic plans for management of the flight equipment and assisting with MAJCOM Flight Equipment forecasts such as the annual life sustaining equipment, Cartridge Activated Devices (CAD) / Propellant Activated Devices (PAD), Munitions, and Aircrew Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (ACBRN) forecast. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing AFTO 22 related to outfitting/equipping aircrew and conducts data calls as required.
- Assisting with management of Allowance Standards/Authorizations related to AFE.
- Drafting Guidance/configuration control related to AFE maintenance of flight equipment.
- Providing support to field units by way of conducting training for users and managing submitted access and system change requests (if necessary) for related information systems (e.g. BARS).
- Creating and maintaining minimum stock levels of AFE within the Battlefield Airmen Resource System (BARs) (or equivalent) ordering system.
- Maintaining Staff Approving Official duties related to BARs (or equivalent) ordering system.
- Overseeing unit’s BARs (or equivalent) Approving Officials as required.
- Auditing BARs (or equivalent) supply and ordering system as required in order to be compliant with current AF and DOD regulations.
- Briefing senior leadership on gender specific AFE effort way ahead, changes, funding requirements as required/requested during AFE related working groups and council meetings.
- Utilizing Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) program to monitor, query, and complete AFE reports/f orecasts and provide final products to supporting/requesting agencies.
- Resolving recommendations and warehouse management program areas to include working with applicable finance/contracted agencies.
- Supporting MAJCOM functional managers with AFE acquisition and sustainment prioritization.
- Coordinating Aircrew Flight Equipment issues with Headquarters Air Force (HAF), subordinate commands, 22 ACC Wings, and various Field Operating Agencies under the Combat Air Forces (CAF) umbrella.
- Advising technicians throughout the CAF on methods for resolving flight equipment logistics, repairing, research and analysis, and resolving flight equipment problems with long-term Air Force wide implications.
- Conducting technician training when required.
- Ensuring relevancy of information and coordinates to maintain accuracy of Master Lesson Plans (MLP’s).
- Ensuring information on AFE technical issues, results of meetings, and conference findings are all disseminated to specialists in the field.
- Recommending/processing changes to flight equipment needed to improve combat readiness and system capabilities and improve processes and technical support of Air Force AFE systems through demonstrated initiative in support of ACC and CAF requirements.
- Assisting as Command’s AFE logistician lead, including long-range resource programming, equipment maintenance, and program sustainment processes.
- Preparing administrative support and presentation documents needed to brief senior leaders, managers, and technical staff at all levels within and outside the governments as to status of specific program activities.
- Utilizing required security and safety practices and procedures.
- Assisting in the analysis of current policies, programs and requirements as they apply to ACC and worldwide CAF operations and help develop solutions to increase effectiveness in support of warfighting Combatant Commanders.
- Performing other duties related to Aircrew Flight Equipment program management and command oversight as directed by the MAJCOM Functional Manager, AFE.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited through a U.S. Department of Education approved agency is desired. Completion of developmental courses related to Acquisition, Sustainment, Logistics, designed to improve understanding to asset life cycle management also highly desired.
Experience/ Abilities: A working knowledge of Aircrew Flight Equipment, preferably within Air Force, Army, or Navy specialties, is required. Candidate selected must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time during AFE events. Experience with Air Staff, MAJCOM, or NAF staff is desired along with experience working with FEDLOG, FEDMALL, and AFEMS/ ASRS. Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools is also required.
Security Clearance: An active Secret clearance will be required. Applicant selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.