Job Title:GeneralManager (ATL)
Department: Airport Passenger Handling / Above the Wing Operations
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Leads, directs and coordinates all activities involved with Hallmark’s operational and administrative functions in Atlanta.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and manage the administrative office inAtlanta Airport, oversee personnel files maintenance, recruitment, uniform supply and storage, training efforts and all general HR functions.
Coordinate with all departments at Hallmark head office to ensure that internal and external customer needs are satisfied (Payroll, Operations, Training, Human Resources, Quality Assurance and Marketing).
Ensure that each business unit operates within budget and within the contracted labor hours and that all hours and re-chargeable hours are billed properly.
Ensure that costs are strictly controlled and adhered to.
Review operational records to projected budget to determine future profitability.
Ensure agreed contract between client and Hallmark Aviation Services is executed efficiently and profitably for both the client and Hallmark Aviation Services.
Analyze marketing potential of existing account and recommend additional services.
Ensure compliance with established company policies, procedures, and standards such as safekeeping of company funds and property, personnel and grievance practices.
Effective and visible leadership - guide and assist all Business Unit Managers.
Identify and develop future leaders for supervisor and management positions.
Interface with theMCO airport authorities
Ensure efficient staffing levels at all account locations.
Identify and resolve service inhibitors including on time performance, staffing assignments and recruiting schedules.
Audit Quality Assurance Quarterly; follow up with action plan and present progress report to customer station manager.
Ensure that all accounts achieve the Key Performance targets.
Review all aspects of safety to include new procedures and training as required. Ensure the notification process and necessary follow up for maintaining compliance with any FAA/TSA mandated safety and security policies.
Establish and maintain a strong relationship with HAS customers operational management.
Meet with Business Managers and Station Managers regularly to review operational and administrative objectives.
Responsible for the overall staff morale.
Ensure continuous communication with HAS customer airline managers and own staff.
Conduct Town Hall meetings on a quarterly basis for each business unit.
Encourage the celebration of “small wins” and activities, which foster camaraderie
Build and encourage strong leadership within management team
- Excellent leadership skills
- Flexible availability, able to work weekends holidays and overtime
- Requires some night and weekend work
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the customer airline’s station managers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Minimum 10 years of passenger handling experience or airline experience in airport operations with 3 years in a management position.
- Energetic, motivated, enthusiastic, self starter, with strong integrity
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to cope well with pressure and to manage multiple tasks with minimum direction.
- Organized, creative and resourceful; with entrepreneurial mentality
- Comfortable with various cultures and their associated business practices.Must be fluent in English in written and oral form
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with basic statistical and math knowledge
- At least 18yrs old, with a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- English proficient, other languages may be required
- Basic Math Skills: Adding, Subtracting, Division, and Multiplying
- Computer Literate
- Able to stand, bend, squat, reach, grasp and pick up items; occasional lifting up to 70lbs-100lbs
- Reading & comprehension of reference materials, instructions, policies & procedures
- Valid US work authorization
- Professional demeanor and exceptional presentation
- Flexible schedule & availability
- Background Check, Fingerprinting required
- Drug Screen required on day of hire