Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for an AIX Administrator for a client in Secaucus, NJ. If interested in discussing the position further, please send an MS Word version of your resume to Christina Bongiovanni, email@example.com
Here are the details:
Position: AIX Administrator
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Duration: 6 month contract to hire (Converting perm)
- Provides basic systems administration, operational support and problem resolution for UNIX based systems.
- Performs hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- Monitors system performance and capacity. Reports changes in usage.
- Forecasts system demands, recommends upgrades, expansion and reconfiguration.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- Participates in site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
- Performs basic user administration (adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores).
- Documents standards and operating procedures for the system and acts as a technical resource to the IT staff and systems users.
- May act as a project leader.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 4 years of experience in UNIX systems operations and administration, telecommunications network installation, operation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- AIX/Linux Volume Manager, userid and printer creation, NIM, PowerHA, scripting, LPAR configuration, VIOS configuration, Alternate disk installation.
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit! Apex Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female and minority applicants to apply.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178