Alarm Dispatcher | Central Station Operator
CenterPoint Technologies, St. Louis, Missouri
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CenterPoint Technologies is a St. Louis based Alarm Monitoring Center committed to putting our customers first. We are independently owned and operated. We offer top notch service to our customers.
Working in conjunction with professional alarm installing companies, CenterPoint utilizes state-of-the-art computer technology to monitor alarm systems 24-hours-a-day, 365-days-a-year. Behind this technology, we have professionally licensed personnel who understand the security business and make sure that all alarm activity is handled efficiently.
CenterPoint Technologies meets and exceeds the stringent requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL). With this listing, it means we are fully staffed 24-hours-a-day. Our Mission is to support and enhance the performance of our customers by providing consistent, accurate, and courteous monitoring and communication services for alarm, security, video, and life safety systems.
Enjoy a rewarding career in the Security Industry where you get to help ensure customers' safety, and find out why CenterPoint Technologies is a great place to work!
As an alarm dispatcher you will monitor security and fire systems for commercial and residential accounts.
- Monitor alarm systems through computer software and audio surveillance systems.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers, dealers, and field personnel.
- Process signals such as alarms, open and close activity, and trouble signals, taking fast action to make the proper notifications and/or dispatch the proper authorities when necessary.
- Ensure customers and responding emergency parties are accurately informed and updated with any time-sensitive information.
- Perform basic troubleshooting for residential and commercial security systems.
- Monitor and interpret alarm signal data and data histories.
- Assist technicians and customers with their needs.
- Process account updates received from dealers.
- Create service tickets for repairs and/or maintenance, and assist field technicians who are calling into Central Station to verify test signals
- FOR EXPERIENCED DISPATCHERS: 2 years previous experience as an alarm dispatcher
- FOR ENTRY LEVEL DISPATCHERS: 2 years Previous experience providing support to customers over the phone preferred. 2 years previous experience in customer service/customer care required.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent customer service/customer care skills, such as demonstrating empathy, compassion, and helpfulness.
- Ownership of responsibilities, reliable, and dependable.
- Positive attitude, adaptable, and ability to stay calm under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, and in emergency situations.
- Excellent thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Must have a sound understanding of technology and computer use in the workplace, and possess the ability to learn new software.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must pass a background check.
- Applicant must pass a drug test.
- CenterPoint operates 24/7/365.
- The current opening is for a Midnight Shift Operator (11 pm - 7 am).
- This position requires weekend, holiday, and shift work, as well as occasional mandatory overtime.
- Ability to work multiple shifts (6am-2pm, 7am-3pm, 11am-7pm, 2pm-10pm, 3pm-11pm, 10pm-6am, 11pm-7am).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation based upon experience
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Casual dress code
- Ongoing training programs
- Commitment to professional development
All applicants must apply online. No phone calls please.
CenterPoint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.0