Install, program and repair wiring and equipment including but not limited to: security burglar alarms, fire alarms, surveillance video and other products as required. Ensure work is in accordance with code.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Maintain a positive customer relationship and company image.
- Provide quality wiring and installation of security alarm, fire alarm, access control, video and automation equipment.
- Install and adjust equipment and/or wiring based on room structures and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and job notes on time as required.
- Troubleshoot operable and inoperable equipment and circuitry.
- Train customers in the proper use of their system. Demonstrate system for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach devices; then secure cables, wires and strappings.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, and floors by safely operating hand and power tools.
- Keep company vehicle clean and organized at all times.
- Notify branch office when scheduled calls are completed and can take additional service calls.
- Ability to read and understand basic blue prints and have knowledge of basic building construction.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment following blueprints of building plans in accordance with local codes and manufacturer recommendations.
- Knowledge of a wide range of alarm systems, fire alarm systems, access control systems, video & automation equipment.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Ability to diagnose basic problems and correct issues with little to no guidance.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- All current state fire and alarm licenses.
The duties, activities and responsibilities described are not all inclusive of potential requirements for all assignments covered under this job description.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screen
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license
- Current alarm technician license holder
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient using a Tablet and company provided apps