Alliance Vendor Manager
JobDiva # 19-08309
JobDiva # 19-08309
*****MBA and experience in managing scientific collaborations for life science companies.
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Alliance Vendor Manager for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Position Overview: Reporting to the Head of Alternative Partnership & Licensing, the Alliance Manager will help to manage and optimize the value of external strategic collaborations by supporting the operations and performance of a portfolio of existing and new research alliances and/or technology licensing relationships. Through exceptional leadership, strong cross-functional alignment and collaboration with multiple groups, this role ensures cohesive engagement across the organization to achieve partnership objectives. The individual will develop an understanding of Client best practices for scientific projects and assist in establishing those within the joint working groups and joint governance committees for each collaboration under management, while fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust within alliances. S/he will work closely with counterpart from the partner and internal stakeholders through routine meetings to
- Facilitate mutual understanding of the respective organizations
- Track and report the health of the alliance and progress against key objectives
- Organize meetings of joint steering committees as specified in the collaboration agreement
- Establish agendas for such meetings including assisting in the preparation of presentations by joint working groups for the joint steering committee reviews and the closed session joint governance portion of such meetings
- Document the committee meeting action steps and assignments of responsibilities
- Identify operational issues or performance deficits in the collaboration and raise to collaboration governance and other Sr. leaders
- Assist with internal and external communications regarding the collaborations, including but not limited to Client Discovery leadership
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership, cross-functional management, and negotiations skills and be credible, dynamic, and vision-oriented scientific partner willing to work successfully in a collaborative environment. The pioneering leadership, multi-disciplinary, and deeply innovative scientific aspects of the role makes this an exciting opportunity to be part of Client’ strategic external research collaboration team.
- An advanced life sciences degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, or MD/PhD or equivalent) required.
- 8 years’ progressive leadership experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or consulting industry, including managing alliance relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as impeccable relationship and interpersonal skills to navigate organizations with diplomacy and with individuals across levels.
- Track record of significant scientific accomplishment and advancement and a strong understanding of drug discovery, optimization and pre-clinical development processes. Some combination of experience in pre-clinical discovery research and drug development would be considered.
- Developing interest in the business aspects of the science business is important as well as some understanding of finance preferred but a business degree is not required.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.