Titan America, LLC, has an opening for an Alternative Fuels Technician in the Alternative Solid Fuel plant located in Medley, FL. This wage non-exempt position is assigned to the PEF plant and will report to the Alternative Fuels Operations Manager.
This position is responsible for the daily execution of all operational activities for the Alternative Solid Fuels (ASF) facility to assure highest quality product delivered to the kiln. This position will participate in all production, housekeeping & maintenance functions as directed by manager.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of ASF installation
- Maintain the housekeeping for the ASF facility, storage areas and outside of facility
- Operate mobile equipment to load and unload materials to feed them to the ASF processing facility
- Responsible for preforming pre-shift inspections on processing & mobile equipment
- Maintain the operated vehicles in good condition
- Blend feedstock materials to achieve good quality and efficient production
- Control traffic flow in and out of the AFS facility
- Observe raw material deliveries, ensure they are in compliance with customer WPDS
- Obey and enforce all safety rules
- Responsible for promoting safe work environment; correct & report all unsafe conditions to manager
- Maintain the ASF unit, equipment and storage areas clean, remove blocked material or other elements from the machines and equipment by using hand tools and following all rules for safe work
- Responsible for maintaining/inspecting equipment inside ASF facility
- Provide manager and if needed key employees of Pennsuco cement with timely and correct information regarding ASF unit and equipment operation
- Participate/facilitate in weekly/daily safety meetings
- Complete daily reports at end of shift
- Must be fully bilingual
- Safety minded first
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be capable of heavy physical labor work
- Must be able to read and use tape measures
- Able to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear
- Ability to function at high level in an industrial environment
- Shift experience in a production environment
- High School diploma or GED
- Technical and mechanical/electrical knowledge to effectively troubleshoot plant issues.
- Experience operating mobile equipment
- Familiar with hand and pneumatic tools a plus
- Training will be provided, no previous Alternative Fuels experience required
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com.
Titan America is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Three‐Year Recently Separated Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, or other protected status.