Alternative Sentencing Case Manager
The Office of the Queens County District Attorney (QDA) is currently seeking applicants for a Case Manager within our Alternative Sentencing Bureau. This bureau provides a variety of clinical services to criminal justice involved individuals.
The Case Manager will report to the Supervisor of Alternative Sentencing and will be responsible for a variety of duties including, but not limited to:
- Conducting comprehensive bio-psychosocial evaluations of defendants and families and engaging in appropriate treatment planning.
- Serving as a liaison between Assistant District Attorneys, defense providers, the judiciary, and treatment providers.
- Appearing in court and providing status reports of defendants’ progress in treatment.
- Providing supportive case management services to the Queens Court Academy student population, including crisis intervention, group facilitation, and short-term interventions.
- Conduct assessments to determine Second Chance 2.0 program eligibility.
- Maintaining appropriate records.
- Performing all other relevant duties as determined by the program supervisor, Bureau Chief, and QDA executive staff.
Preferred Education and Qualification Requirements:
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred in social or behavioral sciences and three years of experience working in treatment and/or criminal justice areas. Strong preference will be given to candidates with at least one year of experience in adolescent and substance abuse treatment; knowledge of treatment programs, treatment facilities, and the local criminal justice system.
All candidates must have a high school diploma or its educational equivalent and must have a working knowledge of computers; Microsoft Office software; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Office of the Queens County District Attorney is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce.
To apply, qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by clicking on the link below: