Location: VA Black Hills Healthcare System, ND (Fargo)
Vancro is currently seeking a Program Manager and American Sign Language Interpreter to support Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) VA Black Hills Healthcare System (Fargo). ASL Interpreters shall provide expert sign language services within the unique environment of healthcare, initiatives, operations, policy and directives that will come from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Details of the position:
Performs as the Program Manager/ASL Interpreter within the Department of Veterans Affairs facilities throughout the VA Black Hills Healthcare System (Fargo).
The Program Manager (PM) is the primary lead for on-site Interpreters. They manage the day to day Interpreting needs of the office supported by Vancro. The PM schedules all Interpreters as outlined in the Performance Work Statement and as requested by the on-site Government PM or Senior staff at the location. The PM will trouble shoot scheduling conflicts and secure Interpreting teams when necessary. The PM monitors the designated Interpreting team and ensures that they are adhering to a high standard of ethical practices. When requested, the PM provides training and technical assistance to the office staff on how to use Interpreters and any associated technology. Regular check-in with the designated Interpreting team and the direct service staff is also expected to ensure that Vancro is providing outstanding service. The PM interfaces with the Government PM from the Veterans Affairs location and the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) to provide deliverables and respond to Interpreting requests. The PM is responsible for such deliverables as outlined in the Performance Work Statement and Contractor's Program Management Plan. The PM will also help in the recruitment of highly skilled Interpreting professionals.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Work with the Director of Interpreter Services to identify and secure a roster of designated Interpreters
- Provided an updated roster of Interpreters to the VA Contracting Officer Representative, VA on-site Government PM and Vancro Director of Interpreter Services
- Book Interpreters as requested and as outlined in the Performance Work Statement
- Provide a detailed Master Schedule of confirmed Interpreters to the VA Contracting Officer Representative, VA on-site PM and Vancro Director of Interpreter Services
- Inform the VA COR, Government on-site PM and Vancro Director of Interpreter Services of any schedule changes, and amend the Master Schedule.
- Provide a weekly timesheet to the VA Government on-site PM for signature
- Provide a monthly status report to the Director of Interpreter Services and the Vice President of Vancro at the end of every month
- Manage all in-processing documentation of the Interpreting staff and sends the completed documentation to the Contracting Officer Representative
- Recruit additional designated Interpreters as requested by the Director of Interpreter Services
- Fill in for Interpreter vacancies as needed.
Holds appropriate Interpreter Certifications and Licenses
Has Program Management Experience
Holds a Bachelors Degree or higher
This position requires a thorough background investigation