CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com
JOB TITLE: Americas Commercial Project Manager
The Americas Commercial Project Manager will report to the Americas Vice President of Commercial Operations as a strategic and critical leader who will lead transformation initiatives for the Commercial Operations organization. The position will support the transformation and growth of the Americas region by managing key regional business initiatives, including C-MDM, ERP, Cognos/BI and Salesforce Effectiveness.
Responsible for the management and delivery of the Americas Commercial project portfolio including standard financial reporting, resource management and timeline and task management. They will work with the Americas Leadership team to establish priorities and direction. The Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Delivers projects within the assigned portfolio in an agreed schedule
- Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule; Report and escalate issues to management as required
- Partners with key stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations, IT, Distribution, Manufacturing and Finance leadership, to understand their project portfolio and goals
- Develop and maintain a commercial master project list and resource allocation plans for implementation in the Americas
- Ensures effective delivery of the program road-map, managing change effectively, understanding the value of the projects and ensuring the appropriate level of transparency via KPI reporting and other communications
- Monitors and reviews with the progress against plan to effectively manage specification changes which ensure that delivery objectives are met
- Coordinate internal resources across the Americas and Global organization to ensure they deliver their required input accurately and on-time to meet the overall Momentum/OneVision ERP project plan
- Achieves improved operational excellence in delivery and increased early warning of issues and challenges, to allow enough time to solve or mitigate
- Develops status reporting on project portfolio and monitors metrics on cost, quality, resources and timelines.
- Develops and manages ROI of projects
- Ensures the project team is using the correct documents and following standard project management practices
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop project tasks and resource requirements
- Ensures consistency and efficiency across the Americas and globally as appropriate and necessary
- Coaches, develops, motivates and manages project team to ensure optimal performance is achieved
- Attends appropriate management meetings to report on projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including presentation skills
- Capability to move quickly between strategic and tactical
- Must understand change management and adoption techniques
- Strong skills in budget development and management, with demonstrated ability to bring multiple projects in on time and on budget
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Able to confidently calculate an acceptable amount of risk, as well as assess and manage threats (and opportunities) to projects to achieve the best possible outcome
- Can understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple conflicting requirements
- Communicate effectively and efficiently across all levels of the organization
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Travel as necessary to support regional and global projects and initiatives (10-20%)
- Normal office environment/setting.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP / PRINCE II or other PM certification is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in managing multiple commercial projects
- Experience managing change during ERP implementation
- A background of working in continuous improvement environment – Lean, Six Sigma
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Visio)
- Familiar with platform/tools like Oracle, CRM, Cognos and SQL