The Americas Safety and Security Manager will maintain the safety of our employees and operations; This role will work with multiple areas of the business at Nutanix to lead the development and execution of the global safety and security strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with APAC and EMEA Safety & Security managers to develop, improve and maintain safety and security protocols and guidelines for all locations to include (but not limited to) access control standards and policies, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training. Ensure protocols and standards are consistently and enthusiastically applied throughout our global locations.
- Manage the Americas security team and oversee the security program including: physical security, access control, site risk assessments, local investigations and incident response / management
- Working with Real estate provide standards and input on physical security design for new and existing offices.
- Ensure Nutanix remains abreast of industry trends and is continuously improving life safety and security processes and practices to mitigate associated risks
- Serve as Security Leader on Crisis Management team
- Maintain strong ties with Local, State and Federal Government law enforcement officials to ensure Nutanix responds appropriately to events or crisis. A special emphasis is required in San Jose where we maintain our global headquarters
- Provide support and advice to the Nutanix Events staff for meetings and events within the region for the purpose of protecting the Executives and attending employees
- Track and advise on regional security developments and security incidents
- Assist in the development (life safety and security aspects) of crisis management plans to include developing and documenting plans for emergency response
- Always promote safety and security best practices and instill a culture of collective and individual responsibility for practicing awareness
- Create and deliver life safety and security training to employees, contractors and security staff
- Develop and sustain relationships with Workplace, IT and other organizations in order to support the cross-functional delivery of security operations
- 10+ years of experience in in the public safety, law enforcement or security field
- Excellent relationship, persuasion/influence, presentation and communication (verbal/written) skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Requires experience evaluating and designing physical security measures
- Requires experience defining and managing corporate security metrics
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in a combined physical security / business continuity environment where they played an active role in business continuity / crisis management planning and response
- Must be available during evenings and weekends to respond to unexpected emergencies and situations within the America’s region.