- Proficient with computers
- High level of attention to detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Liquid handler/automation experience in a laboratory environment
- Clinical lab experience would be great
- LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) experience or understanding/knowledgeis a plus
- Molecular biology understanding/familiarity
The Amplitude Solution Operator Specialist is a customer on-site resource focused on providing support, training and guidance for Client's Amplitude Solution. The Product of this role includes supplemental customer training, monitoring customer use of the system, identifying customer operational errors, proactively preventing system failures and acting as a liaison between the customer and Client Service & Support teams. The Operator Specialist will work closely with Amplitude Solution customers and foster strong collaboration and communication with assigned customers.
- Quickly and effectively learn to operate and recover from minor errors on the Amplitude Solution and transfer knowledge to customer
- Provide customers supplemental training on the use of the Amplitude Solution
- Monitor customer use of the Amplitude Solution and ensure the system is ready to process samples prior to initiating runs
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the Client Service and Support teams when instrument/application issues require expert support.
- Communication with customer leadership regarding errors occurring and recommend actions to drive operator success
- Collaborate with regional/district level service, support and sales leaders to develop recommendations for Amplitude Solution training and operation improvements
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency and process improvements on the Amplitude Solution
- Diligently track key performance indicators and customer use of the Amplitude Solution
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a life sciences or engineering discipline plus strong technical/scientific aptitude.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work independently, self-driven and motivated
- Strong customer focus and desire to ensure customer success
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical and observation skills
- Embodies company 4i values of integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement.
- Ability to work weekend or evening/night shifts, open to a variety of shift options and workweeks (3 on 4 off, 4 on 3 off)
- Willingness to travel up to 40%