The Control and Autonomous Systems Engineering Group is focused on the synthesis of dynamic and complex control and autonomous systems, from concept to realization, for a wide variety of prototypes. Prototype applications span various mission areas, such as space control; air, missile and maritime defense; communication and tactical systems; homeland protection; and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems. The group has expertise in dynamic stabilization and platform control; advanced autonomy; pointing, acquisition, and tracking; guidance; navigation and estimation; robotics; mapping; intra- and inter-system planning (e.g., swarming); demanding real-time embedded software and firmware control; image processing; machine learning; human-machine interaction; space-qualified electronics; and analog and power electronics. Applied research and development projects include space optical payloads, small satellites, airborne laser radars and imaging systems, and autonomous air, ground, and maritime systems.
Odyssey Systems is in need of an Analog/ Power Circuit Design Engineer to support program 3033 and develop advanced analog and power systems electronics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Demanding analog and power circuit design for control applications in all physical environments including undersea, ground, and space. Specific circuit applications include motor drivers, laser pump diode current drivers, grounding, shielding, EMI/EMC, discrete power electronics such as buck/boost converters, DC/DC power converters, filters, power conversion, control and conditioning for high-power lasers and various other electromagnetic loads, battery conditioning and charging, current regulators, high current circuits, low noise charge integrators, and trans-impedance amplifiers.
Responsibilities involve working closely with a small team to define the system architecture, grounding scheme, and requirements based on high-level system requirements and the overall design, perform system trades on possible implementations, perform the electronics design and implementation with documentation, and test of the system running in and controlling the hardware.
Responsibilities also include detailed electronic circuit design and parts selection, simulation with tools such as PSpice, printed circuit board schematic capture such as Mentor Graphics, board layout oversight, board-level test and debugging, power distribution, documentation, subassembly electrical design, prototype module construction oversight, and test and integration with the overall prototype system.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active DoD top secret clearance
• Ph.D. plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Architecting, design, implementation, and test experience for analog and power electronic circuits including motor drivers, power conversion, high current amplifiers, trans-impedance amplifiers, laser pump diode current drivers and regulators, battery conditioning and charging, and various other electromagnetic loads.
• Experience with circuit & system-level grounding, shielding, EMI/EMC, discrete power electronics.
• Familiarity with various types of laboratory instrumentation, including oscilloscopes, waveform function generators, and meters.
• Experience with design and analysis tools: PSpice, Mentor Graphics schematic capture.
• Hands-on experience and a strong desire to work on all aspects of electronic system prototype development including architecting, design, analysis, implementation, integration, and test in a laboratory setting of all of the above.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
• Digital electronics design, firmware programming using VHDL or Verilog, or micro-controller programming experience.
• Experience with specifying electronic cables for signal integrity
Also somewhat desirable but NOT the primary focus of the requirement is:
• GUI, distributed applications and mobile applications on iOS and Android.
• Embedded real-time software development including C/C++, Python, or ROS.
• Familiarity with additional types of laboratory instrumentation, including logic analyzers, and frequency counters.
• Please note that significant experience in RF or networking/telecom is specifically NOT what this requisition is for.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.