BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Leveraged Finance (“LF”) Group mandate is to provide financing for leveraged buy-outs, recapitalizations, corporate acquisitions and refinancing and make direct equity co-investments. The group is focused on originating and leading non-investment grade debt financings for corporates and financial sponsors.
The group is seeking an Analyst to work with Senior Origination members in New York.
- Provide deal support to a team of originators.
- Perform credit analysis, due diligence, financial statement analysis and cash flow projection modeling.
- Conduct issuer due diligence and identify significant business, industry and financial strengths and risks.
- Assist in production of internal credit / capital market memoranda that detail underwriting requests and various external client pitches.
- Assist in the underwriting and syndication of leveraged credit facilities, including the production of marketing materials (bank book, lender slides, rating agency presentation) and the processing of investor requirements. Assist with investor Q&A during the syndication process, and answer investor questions on the transaction in market.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Performing and reviewing detailed credit analysis on a wide range of companies across numerous sectors, including evaluation of historical and projected financial performance, assessment of the outlook and historical growth of the issuer’s industry, and a complete breakdown of the company’s business segments (historical trends by product, customer, supplier, end market and service)
- Performing financial modeling of leveraged buy-out (LBO) transactions.
- Advanced Microsoft Suite experience (Excel, PPT, Access, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant banking experience, including executing Senior or High Yield non-investment grade debt underwriting, mezzanine financing, or merger & acquisitions.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Series 79, 63 and SIE preferred.