Analyst, Allocation and Fleet Operations - Fremont, CA
- Job Category
- Operations & Business Support
- Fremont, California
- Req. ID
- Job Type
Allocation Analyst, Allocation and Fleet Operations
Our Allocation & Fleet Operations team is responsible for the optimization of our operating fleet (hundreds of millions of dollars of vehicle assets globally). Determining the best strategies to ensure that our Fleet is most appropriately allocated directly impacts our ability to achieve Sales and Delivery goals while providing an incredible customer experience.
In this role you will manage the allocation and cycle timing of our Operating Fleet of test drive, display and service loaner vehicles and manage day-to-day Fleet operations and reporting. You will also be responsible for processes related to working capital optimization such as ensuring our vehicle assets are utilized in the most effective manner to reduce damages, mileage accumulation and other depreciation factors.
This role is based Fremont, California.
- Help manage the allocation and cycle timing of our Operating Fleet of test drive, display and service loaner vehicles and manage day-to-day Fleet operations and reporting.
- Act as a primary point of contact for internal Fleet vehicle users (Sales Managers, Service Managers, Tesla Advisors, etc.) to coordinate vehicle allocations and ensure appropriate utilization is maintained.
- Responsible for working cross functionally with our internal stakeholders to provide visibility into location, status, utilization, and allocation information for assigned vehicles. Provide prompt and collaborative communications with field employees, serving as their headquarters partner for all vehicle needs.
- Work cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization (i.e. Service, Logistics, and Business Resolutions) to coordinate the return of internally assigned vehicles to sellable status.
- Aide in auditing and tracking down internally assigned vehicles, freeing up Finished Goods Inventory for sale and assisting with periodic physical inventory Fleet Audits.
- Provide accurate and insightful analysis and reporting of regional stock balances based on aligned criteria and metrics. Present data in a clear format for presentations and regular KPI reviews. Create ad-hoc analysis, reports and dashboards as business needs arise.
- Participate in department projects to improve systems or efficiencies.
Requirements for the position include:
- Minimum 3 years related allocation, retail planning or decision-driving analytical role.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new systems/technical applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to form solid relationships cross-functionally.
- Strong quantitative critical thinking skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and retail math concepts.
- Experience with business intelligence software (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) is a plus.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand despite changes in work scope or focus.
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges.