Analyst, Credit Collections - (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Manager, Nutrien Financial Retail Collections, the Analyst, Credit Collections is responsible for commercial collection responsibilities, to include support of the Collections Manager, Collections Team, and field-based Credit Mangers, with results reflected in collection of Customer account balances.
What you will do:
- Collection of past due account balances
- Conduct collection of past due balances while adhering to Company policies and procedures regarding collections process
- Engage Location personnel and Customers to resolve problems and negotiate payment schedules
- Third-Party collection placement decisioning and monitoring
- Administrative duties related to the collection function
- Maintain confidentiality of all credit information
- Initiate and maintain complete, accurate records of collection activity and negotiations
- Ongoing process improvement focus, making recommendations and participating in department improvements
- Research and analyze financial statements, interpret and prepare reports of Customer’s financial position
- Prepare credit department forms, reports, collection letters, etc.
- Customer focus with focus to maintain relationships while mitigating loss to the Company
- Apprise management of unusual or non-standard issues, with appropriate escalation
- Collaborate with the Accounting department, Area Credit Managers, Location personnel, and/or Customers, to resolve routine receivables issues, and to remove barriers to payment
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with company’s Employees and Customers
- Other duties as assigned, which may include research, reporting, and/or special projects
What you will bring:
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent, strongly preferred; consideration with be given for relevant, extensive experience
- Business-to-business collections, to include liens, third-party collection agency placements
- Extreme attention to detail, with excellent clerical ability, while remaining focused on “the big picture”
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, to include strong business writing skills (email), in -person meetings, professional telephonic calls and messaging (text)
- Intermediate-to-advanced computer skills, including MS Office Excel and ERP system
- Strong preference for experience in:
- Agricultural industry
- Automated collections protocols
- Credit analysis
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran