Posting Date: Oct 26, 2020
Primary Location: Americas-United States of America-Utah-Salt Lake City
Job: WM Risk
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm’s capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management’s unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects, or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) is independent from, but closely aligned with, the business units it serves. CRM is seeking an Analyst to join the Tailored Lending Portfolio Management unit serving Capital Call Subscription Finance (CCSF) within Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (WM). The open position is based in Salt Lake City UT.
• Active participation in the underwriting process for CCSF facilities. Due diligence includes private equity borrowing base analysis, financial statement analysis, counterparty review, legal doc analysis, etc.
• Continuous monitoring of financial condition and performance of the borrowers, covenant compliance, and collateral valuations.
• Assist Portfolio Manager in conducting due diligence on modifications, renewals, and annual reviews for existing obligors.
• Accurately and efficiently review legal documents including LPAs, PPMs, organization documents, loan agreements, amendments and waivers.
• Monitor Private Equity markets, keep abreast of major developments, changes in financial condition and identification of potential macro and micro issues related to individual private equity clients, LPs, the overall CCSF portfolio and private equity industry.
• Ensure accurate and timely update of pipeline and Portfolio Management reports.
• Participate in ad-hoc projects.
• Bachelor's Degree required. Undergraduate/Masters in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or equivalent preferred.
• Strong technical and quantitative experience in developing and applying Excel models.
• 0-3 years of lending and credit analysis experience within a commercial or investment bank.
• Highly detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills.
• Highly proficient with MS Excel. Advanced Excel modeling a plus.
• Accounting and finance knowledge.
• Strong communication skills; ability to present complex issues clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects and workload.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Committed To Diversifying Its Workforce M/F/D/V