Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Desktop Support Analyst to be a key member of the IT Help Desk team. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by supporting our internal and external users and providing help desk, network, and other IT related services. This individual will troubleshoot routine and non-routine problems - including desktop and application software support, print services, email, and hardware versus network issues through a combination of onsite and remote support. This employee will also use specific IT skills and abilities to identify, develop, and maintain technologies where they most make sense.
What You’ll Be Doing:
This role requires a high degree of focus, discretion, knowledge, organization, and communication. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, technically adept, able to work independently and within a team, and has a friendly positive attitude.
- Install / upgrade all PC's and peripherals, ensuring proper configuration and network connection.
- Oversee configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Respond to customer requests/incidents received and provide first level support for both offsite and local customers.
- Relocate or change new user equipment, conduct IT equipment inventories and reconciliations, manage and update associated inventory databases.
- Provide advanced support for multiple enterprise applications including: e-mail, calendar scheduling, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, Internet browsers, as well as department-specific applications. Assists Infrastructure team as needed.
- Maintain continual communication with customers during the challenge resolution process.
- Remotely access, diagnose, and resolve requests utilizing computer remote control tools such as Skype, WebEx, Meraki etc.
- Identify gaps, develop ideas, create and implement software solutions. Track/report results.
- Identify changes and configure technologies for new-hires and during periodic office moves.
- Troubleshooting of (but not limited to) Microsoft Office (and Office365), networking, IT hardware and software issues. Triaging and routing to next level of support where appropriate.
- Monitor inbound activity and manage expectations of concurrent customers/peers. Monitors the Service Desk ticket queue and provides follow up, ensuring timely and satisfactory resolution to user requests/incidents within SLA.
- Enter all call activity into call tracking CRM software. Ensure documentation of tickets are thorough and ticket details are accurate before transferring (or closing) calls, including call categorization, call activity type, description of issue or problem, and resolution entries.
- Escalate customer challenges over to external service providers (e.g. other Help Desk, Desktop Services, or LAN Services staff, etc.) as appropriate.
- Keep management informed of call escalations, challenges, and trends.
- Provide research, documentation, and knowledgebase development and maintenance of Tier 1 and some Tier 2 technical support issues.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- 3- 5 years of experience in desktop support.
- Advanced skills maintaining and troubleshooting virtual technologies and environments.
- Experience with Active Directory, Symantec Endpoint Protection, and data back-ups.
- Strong technical knowledge of laptop PCs, Microsoft Windows, enterprise software solutions, virtual technologies and domain networks.
- Proven ability with VOIP (IP based) telephone configuration and support.
- Strong Microsoft Windows and Office skills (Windows 7, 10, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel). Proven administrative experience with Microsoft Office 365 desired.
- JIRA, Track-IT, Ivanti, Heat or equivalent incident management system experience.
- Remote control software (Skype, WebEx, Cisco Meraki).
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple duties and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced use of imaging solutions for PC image creation and OS installation.
- Customer service and excellent interpersonal skills on phone and e-mail communications.
- Proven application troubleshooting experience.
- Able to multi task, managing and handling deadlines with ease.
- Highly organized, motivated, and detail oriented.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Cloud, Virtual technology, and Zero Client experience.
- Experience with call center IT infrastructure environments.