Bain & Company
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 57 offices in 36 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector. In May 2018 Bain acquired FRWD, having partnered with them for many years. The acquisition will dramatically strengthen Bain & Company’s ability to help its clients drive superior results across marketing channels, and ecommerce, decrease their long-term reliance on external partners, and leverage customer data sets for better accuracy in reaching consumers.
FRWD is a unique digital marketing agency designed to build client capability through a comprehensive approach to helping companies make the best digital marketing investments. To do so, FRWD extends client teams through co-location of top creative, media optimization, data science, and advertising technology teams to shorten test cycle time and leverage learnings to move forward. The agency also acquires and trains talent for clients to create sustainable campaigns and drive continual improvement without further FRWD presence. FRWD works with some of the world’s most recognized consumer brands, leading healthcare providers, entertainment companies and more. FRWD is currently based in Minneapolis but is focused on building out an EMEA presence with a hub in Bain’s London office.
With the combined skills of Bain and FRWD, we are able to bridge the gap between brand, marketing, strategy and execution, trialing strategies in immediate real-life tests, while having the operating model and organizational design experience to scale the results throughout the organization.
Role Title: Analyst, Digital Marketing - FRWD
FRWD@Bain is looking for an Analyst to join the team. The Digital Marketing Analyst will participate in a digital analytics team providing cross-department marketing insights to influence media systems, strategy, creative and content teams. You will build and execute internal measurement and reporting processes. You will be responsible for implementing business results dashboards and creating ad hoc reports for paid media of various types, websites, mobile apps, social media and ecommerce initiatives. This position is a consultative, utility player role that will provide analytics thought leadership and subject matter expertise for a number of FRWD clients. You will be contributing to and learning from a team at the forefront of data-driven marketing, working with clients who value leading-edge methods and skills to grow their business.
- Perform data analysis across all applicable marketing technologies, and communicate insights and recommendations based on findings
- Execute reporting and measurement for FRWD clients
- Perform project-based market research to identify and communicate opportunities
- Synthesize data from multiple sources, developing assumptions where needed, to communicate insight and opportunity internally & externally
- Maintain & build internal measurement reporting systems in Excel
- Support audience research, data collection & analysis
- Collaborate with analytics and media teams to implement analytics and media tagging
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing (with a digital focus); Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent work experience
- Highly familiar with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Tag Manager
- Superior Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and PowerPoint skills are a must
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and communication skills are essential
- An attention to detail and organization, balanced with a comfort in operating through chaos and ambiguity
- A strong mathematical and statistical background
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Curiosity! Questions should motivate you more than answers
Preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with Marketing Technologies: Paid Search & Display Ad-Serving platforms, CRM's, Market & Audience Databases (e.g. Comscore)
- An in-depth, ever-growing interest in Internet technologies, current online trends, and marketing tactics (Search, Social, SEO, Email, etc.).