Pattern Energy Group is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Japan, and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind, solar and transmission. The Pattern Energy Group team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy Group operates in the United States, Canada, Japan, Netherlands and Mexico with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Amsterdam, Tokyo, and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group’s corporate headquarters is in San Francisco.
This position is responsible for financial analysis, due diligence support and modeling. Work duties include research, data analysis, valuation and risk assessment across a broad range of energy finance and M&A transactions, primarily in wind, solar and transmission.
- Develop financial models and analysis.
- Assist with structured finance product development, including developing structural solutions for tax equity investments.
- Develop internal / external investment presentations and briefs.
- Identify and quantify key investment drivers and perform sensitivities.
- Support development activities and asset due diligence efforts.
- Perform general research duties and statistical analysis.
- Analyse market risk factors, pricing and risk management products, including hedges.
- Support treasury and capital planning functions.
- Participate in meetings with internal/external clients.
- Respond to information requests from financial institutions.
- Over time, develop to be the contact person for lenders and equity investors, including responding to requests for additional analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related area combined with at least 2 years of project finance analytical/modelling experience within a financial firm or energy operating company
- Advanced degree and/or CFA certification is optional.
- Project Finance acquisition, management or transaction experience preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial and mathematical modelling techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express ideas effectively and fluently.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment where teamwork and independent work ethic are essential.
- Ability to synthesize and organize large amounts of data.
- Ability to organize time well and set proper priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, presentation software and the Internet search.
Pattern Energy Group LP is an equal opportunity employer