The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting FP&A processes relating to our Real Estate Function inclusive of in-depth financial modeling to support execution of company’s Real Estate Strategy in planning, forecasting, and analytics. This individual will be collaborating with business partners to ensure successful execution of strategy.
Planning & Forecasting
- Support Director of FP&A to develop, refine, and execute company’s Real Estate Strategy inclusive of Bi-Annual Fleet Review identifying key actions for all stores in the portfolio to optimize store footprint
- Update Store Network Model that forecasts long range store level profitability to support all Real Estate decisions
- Prepare Pro-Formas, provide recommendations, track status, and manage timelines for all lease renewals
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting to ensure key business owners have relevant, up-to-date information for new stores, closing stores, relocations, remodels, and other key initiatives
- Analyze Sales Transfer for Closed Stores and utilize findings to forecast sales transfer for potential future store closures
- Analyze New Store Performance against plan and cannibalization impact on nearby stores
- Prepare Real Estate Committee Presentations
- Prepare financial models and demographic/ psychographic analyses to support ad hoc projects
- Analyze financial impact (sales lift, ROI, traffic/ticket lift, etc.) of Retail Operations initiatives to facilitate company learnings and continuous improvement
- Support the development of the annual operating budget and long-term strategic growth plans
- Ad hoc analytical and business projects, including process and systems improvements.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Advanced PC skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- 2-3 years of finance/accounting experience
Skill and Ability:
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy in work products
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills, with a high degree of proficiency in data retrieval/manipulation, development of forecasting models, financial analyses, & experience creating and managing to business plan
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects within tight timelines
- Ability to work independently and work in a team environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity and to synthesize complex data and draw business insights
- Ability to analyze data and present key findings both verbally and in written form
- Ability to effectively communicate point of view to all levels of management, and cross-functional teams
- Proactively initiates changes to improve work processes & takes responsibility beyond scope of current position
Equal Opportunity Policy
The Vitamin Shoppe is an equal opportunity employer. We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, separation, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, access to facilities and programs, training and general treatment during employment.
We firmly believe that every Health Enthusiast has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is to maintain a satisfied and productive team of Health Enthusiasts. The keys to reaching that goal are effective leadership, equal application of fair human resources policies, competitive wages and benefits, and close attention to all health enthusiast matters. The Vitamin Shoppe is committed to the principle of fair and impartial treatment of our Health Enthusiasts.
Health Enthusiasts with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their Human Resources representative. We will not allow any form of retaliation against Health Enthusiasts who raise issues of perceived discrimination in good faith. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.