Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable U.S. trade laws and regulations, as well communicating these requirements to internal and external partners. The analyst will audit exports; identify process deficiencies and make recommendations to improve critical areas of trade issues in terms of documentation, valuation, duty recovery and HS classification. The position will utilize proactive measures prior to arrival of cargo, and post-entry review activities, to measure the effectiveness of processes and controls to ensure compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Audit export security filings for accuracy and compliance
- Maintains records in accordance to record retention policy
- Maintains KPIs and report analysis of import/export transactions
- Assign HS classification to products as required
- Assist with HS code database maintenance
- Assist with Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Solicitation and Record Keeping Processes
- Assist with review and maintenance of Customer Activity Statements (CAS)
- Conduct Restricted Party Screening
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree (A degree in Business, International Business, Supply Chain, or Chemical Engineering is preferred)
- Supply chain and/or international trade compliance experience.
- 2- 5years CA and U.S. Trade Compliance experience with a manufacturer preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with US Export Compliance requirements, HS classification and FTA requirements
- Proficient with complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) and PC skills
- CES, CCS or LCB certification as asset
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and ability to detect inconsistencies in data;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate (written and verbal) with stakeholders (both internal and external).
- A demonstrated ability to self-start, prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Customer service oriented
- Working knowledge of SAP, JDE and Amber Road Trade Automation (a plus)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake Chemical employee (or an employee of any Westlake Chemical affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the "Careers" worklet and view "Westlake Career Opportunities".