Job Purpose: National Grid is looking for a Customer Facilitator (CF) who will support the processing of Distributed Generation (DG) applications and projects in Massachusetts. The position will work in a cross functional environment to ensure that customer projects brought to the company are processed within state regulated timelines. The CF will support the department's Energy Integration Consultants in the management of larger, complex DG projects. Support will include monitoring of work management requirements, preparation of various agreements, guiding projects through the distributed generation process, obtaining required documentation, perform preliminary screenings, and helping coordinate internal functions to meet customer expectations as well as other duties as assigned.
• Manage projects by utilizing and properly maintaining the company's work management system and online application portal.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships within Customer Energy Integration, Engineering, Project Management, Resource Planning, jurisdictional teams and external vendors in order to facilitate communications, integrate work and ensure the successful delivery of customer interconnection dates.
• Challenge existing policies and procedures to continuously seek ways to enhance customer service and cost-effectiveness.
• Provide process and technical guidance to others in order to share knowledge and increase understanding of Distributed Generation programs and services.
• Analyze and evaluate developments in Distributed Generation and Renewable Energy technologies in order to identify impact of different scenarios on the business strategies for integrating efficiencies.
• Support internal/external outreach sessions to educate DG stakeholders on DG process and policy.
• Negotiate, develop and administer all aspects of interconnection related agreements.
• Update and maintain company websites with latest program information.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Comfortable working in a technical, fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Experience in renewable energy, project management and/ or people management a major plus.
• Knowledge or willing to understand various regulatory policies and interconnection related standards.
• Able to read schematics, one-lines. Recommend/ oversee changes to documentation.
• Working knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) or ability to be trained.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office software products.
• Experience with utility electric and gas construction a plus.
• Excellent organizational, verbal/written communication skills, data management and computer skills
• Ability to represent the company in meeting and seminars, present material as needed.
• Bachelor's degree with 1+ years of work experience, or equivalent experience.
• Ability to develop proficiency with MA, and RI Distributed Generation tariffs,
• Demonstrated superior customer service and analytical skills
• Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation in order to clearly articulate the findings and anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps.
• Support and be part of a team environment.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including resource management, negotiations and communications.