Salary and Benefits
The anticipated starting salary placement depends on qualifications, experience and salary budget, and will not exceed $6,720 a month.
This position is eligible for a broad range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, retirement (CalPERS), tuition waiver, vacation and sick leave. In addition, 14 paid holidays are offered each year; 13 scheduled on specific days and a Personal Holiday that may be taken any time during the year.
A comprehensive benefits summary for this position is available online by clicking the View Benefits Summary link or by request from SSU Human Resources.
This position is open until filled. For full consideration, please submit application, along with cover letter and resume, by 8am on January 14, 2019. Please refer to the Application Process section of this posting for additional details.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full time, exempt position, which will lead toward permanent status following the successful completion of a probationary period.
Sonoma State University is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. In line with our Strategic Plan and our Seawolf Commitment, our values include diversity, sustainability, community engagement, respect, responsibility, excellence and integrity. We strive to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. We encourage innovation, experimentation and creativity, as well as contributions to equity and inclusion, in the pursuit of excellence for all members of our university community.
Reporting to the Senior Director, IT Special Projects, the Analyst and Programmer is responsible for designing, building, implementing, and integrating campus technology to support campus initiatives such as digitization and workflow automation.
Working relatively independently, major duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Analyst and Programmer is responsible for coordinating the OnBase enterprise content management system and supporting all integration points. The Analyst and Programmer is responsible for collaborating with technical and functional team members to implement solutions that enhance business processes and increase use of technology. The incumbent is responsible for understanding how an application works and applying that knowledge to the functional needs, including hands-on training and performing larger scale trainings. The incumbent will also perform advanced level trouble-shooting, programming, software configuration, process development, working directly with software suppliers, working with other IT teams and departments, and providing ongoing support of OnBase and other applications used within the IT department.
The Analyst and Programmer will consult and provide workflow solutions for campus business processes. The incumbent will oversee changes through the software development lifecycle including the support and obsolescence phases. Additionally, the Analyst and Programmer is required to provide support in the integration of technical solutions for the campus. This will include product evaluations, project management, technical implementation, documentation, training and ongoing support.
The incumbent will collaborate and consult with functional and technical teams to develop user-friendly solutions, test, debug, maintain data standardization and integrity, and resolve any issues through the lifecycle of the product or service. The incumbent will be responsible for enabling new functionality as it is introduced and/or develop alternative solutions to improve current processes and user experience.
Performs other secondary duties as assigned.
Duties take place mostly in an office setting located at Sonoma State University. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday aligned with regular campus hours. As an exempt employee you have some flexibility in your schedule, however must be available during the regular campus hours Monday through Friday to meet the operational needs of the campus and department. Your specific start time is determined by your Appropriate Administrator. Evening and weekend hours may be required and will be specified only by the supervisor to meet operational needs. The incumbent must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such levels as is determined by the Appropriate Administrator. The position may require occasional travel, by automobile and airplane, and the incumbent must be able to work some night and weekend hours with overnight stays.
This position requires, with or without reasonable accommodations, the ability to frequently sit, move or stand for office and/or event functions and be at a computer for 6 hours/day.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience. The incumbent must have acquired the requisite skills and knowledge to be able to demonstrate competence in independently applying technical judgment to solve a wide range of problems and develop practicable and thorough solutions. Preferred qualifications to demonstrate said competence include at least 5 years technical knowledge and experience in application development, implementation, enhancement, modification and support using information systems and processes. Experience with document management, enterprise systems and Programming languages including scripting, Perl, PHP is highly desirable. Advanced proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
In addition, the incumbent should possess the following:
- In-depth knowledge of software applications, software engineering principles, and software architecture.
- In depth knowledge of application capability, impacts to functional processes, design restrictions and opportunities, security requirements and workflow, including process definition and creation.
- Working knowledge of networks, software maintenance, and data center procedures.
- Knowledge of training and consulting practices, including the ability to develop, and deliver trainings and process knowledge.
- Ability to use systems work flow and logic flowchart techniques
- Strong knowledge of formal data flow analysis methodologies.
- Ability to apply and use operations analysis and structured design analysis techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of system development life cycle and structured systems development concepts.
- Ability to research and evaluate the functionality of vendor software to meet user needs, assess vendor proposals, and serve as a technical/vendor liaison.
- In-depth knowledge of network connectivity, integration, configuration, and protocols.
- Ability to upgrade and maintain both soft and technical skills, including an ability to continuously learn.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the university and establish and maintain productive and effective, inclusive working relationships amongst diverse populations including staff, faculty, administration, students, and other internal and external constituents.
- Possess strong project time management, organizational, and decision-making skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work cooperatively within cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to accept constructive feedback.
Evidence of degree(s) or certificate(s) and/or license(s) required at time of hire.
Please visit http://web.sonoma.edu/jobs/ to apply to this position. Materials submitted with your application will not be returned. The ADA Coordinator is available, at 707/664-2664, to assist individuals with disabilities in need of accommodation during the hiring process.
Qualified candidates must submit the following to be considered:
1. Cover Letter and Resume - application system only allows one document to be uploaded, so cover letter and resume must be included in the same MS Word or PDF file (file name should not contain any spaces or special characters)
In your cover letter, please describe how your experience aligns with the position and why you are interested in working at Sonoma State University.
2. Online Employment Application (complete entire application, resume/cover letter will not substitute for any part of the application)
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current employees who apply for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Mandated Reporting: This position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
About Sonoma State University
Sonoma State University, located 48 miles north of San Francisco, is one of the 23 campuses of the California State University. Sonoma State University is a liberal arts institution with an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students and 530 full-time and part-time faculty. Our beautiful campus is located in Rohnert Park, at the foot of the Sonoma hills in the Wine Country.
Sonoma State University is proud to be a smoke-free campus, where smoking and other uses of tobacco products, such as smokeless tobacco, the use of e-cigarettes and similar devices, are prohibited.
Sonoma State University's Jeanne Clery Act Annual Security Report is available at www.sonoma.edu/ps/about/jeanneclery.html; Annual Campus Housing Fire Safety Report is available at www.sonoma.edu/housing/general-info/emergency-prep/fire-safety.html.