Ipsos Strategy3, a leading brand, marketing and innovation consultancy, is seeking a driven, self-motivated Associate Director to join our team of entrepreneurial thinkers who are looking to change the marketing landscape for our clients.
Our Associate Directors play a key role in leading our client engagements, guiding our team on research, setting the vision for deliverables and presenting brand strategies to clients such as Target, Starbucks, JP Morgan, AB InBev, Cigna and Uber. You will be the primary client contact for our engagements, working both laterally and vertically with our team of Partners, VPs, Strategists, and Analysts to ensure that our ideas are flawlessly presented to both clients and the broader marketing community. In addition, we’ll look to you to inspire and develop those you work with, as well as provide thought leadership for the firm.
Critically important will be your ability to build relationships, not only internally with the Strategy3 team, but across Ipsos more broadly and of course with our clients.
Typical engagements include developing brand strategies, segmenting customer audiences, understanding consumer journeys, envisioning future growth pathways, and guiding innovation strategy.
You will join a unique team of whole-brain thinkers who come from backgrounds as diverse as market research, brand management, consulting, finance, design, and start-ups―all of whom come together with a diversity of ideas to transform the consulting services industry.
We have seen double-digit growth for the past several years, and will continue as we open and expand offices in the US, London, Shanghai, Paris, and Beijing. This growth will allow you unparalleled access, early in your career, to leading marketing thinkers, clients, and brands, while providing you fantastic opportunity to take on leadership challenges.
The ideal candidate will bring a unique blend of both analytical and creative skills to bear on our client’s problems: someone who is as comfortable in building a model in Excel as he/she is binge watching Game of Thrones. Our approach to solving problems requires that level of fluidity, comprehensiveness, confidence, and executive presence.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university
- MBA from a leading business school
- 6-8 years of professional experience: preferably in branding/marketing, management consulting, brand management, or market research
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills, both vertically and laterally
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with a solid understanding of market research
- Ease and confidence with “thinking on your feet”
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills
- Love of, and nose for, brands, marketing, and innovation
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Enormous personal impact and executive presence
In addition to those qualifications, one of the key things we have in common is the ability to tie together disparate pieces of information (from social media, from SEC filings, from keen observation) into a compelling story, and tell it in a way that is engaging and memorable.
Oh, and being able to laugh at yourself will take you far with us.
In addition to sending your resume, we’d appreciate your sharing an answer to the following question: In 250 words or less, please tell us about a brand or organization you would like to work with as a brand strategy consultant and why.