At Aerojet Rocketdyne, our people further the exploration of space, and keep America safe. A world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, our projects present tangible opportunities for you to make a significant impact and be recognized for your outstanding work.
We are currently seeking an Analyst, Treasury - Pension Administration to join our team in Sacramento, CA. The Analyst, Treasury - Pension Administration will support the Pension Investment Administration Manager, Director of Treasury Operations and Vice President & Treasurer in the day-to-day pension plan investment administration. This position will maintain frequent contacts with investment managers, plan trustee and custodians, banks and the Benefits Management Committee as they relate to the administration of approximately $1B in plan assets with exposures across multiple asset classes and investment structures, including hedge funds and private equity.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
85% - PENSION PLAN ADMINISTRATION:
- Calculates and tracks all pension plan expenses independently and compares and reconciles to expense information provided by the Trustee.
- Interacts directly with the investment managers to resolve any discrepancies in fees that are invoiced when compared to internally generated fee calculations.
- Reviews asset valuation reports and works with investment managers or the Trustee to determine cause of any differences period over period or differences between the investment manager and trusteevaluations.
- Assists the Manager-Treasury in evaluating completeness and accuracy of asset values reported by investment managers, including private assets and hedge funds.
- Prepare and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly pension reports to Manager-Treasury, Director-Treasury and/or Treasurer and maintains and/or develops all related Excel workbooks.
- Assists with preparation of presentations to management, the Benefits Management Committee and other internal and external groups.
- Assists the Manager-Treasury in compiling and maintaining cash flow forecasts.
- Assist the Manager -Treasury as needed in responding to Pension Audit requirements/requests.
- Ensures adherence with SOX and audit requirements and assists in maintaining SOX controls related to pension plan investment administration.
- Coordinates information provisioning by Investment Consultant and Trustee and assists Manager-Treasury in responding to Benefits Management Committee questions or requests for information.
- Assists Treasury management in special pension related studies or projects.
15% - TRUSTEE RELATIONSHIP:
- Day-to-day interaction with the Trustee to insure the timeliness of meeting reporting deadlines as well as the accuracy and integrity of the information.
- Verifies accuracy of all reports provided by Trustee by comparing to internally kept reports (e.g. expenses and fees, manager summary of assets, etc.) and insures that trustee makes timely and accurate payments to investment managers for fees and expenses.
- Prepares all Trustee letters of direction.
Requires a Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 3 years of pension administration management, audit, and accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be detail oriented and have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and in particular Excel.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting daily deadlines and comfortable with working with senior management, external investment managers, consultants and members of the Benefits Management Committee.
- Familiarity with custody banking applications a plus.
- CPA a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.