Staff Management|SMX is currently in search of Analytical Chemists for a well known, major manufacturing facility located in Iowa City, Iowa.
Operating lab testing equipment, using computers to track/monitor data, perform preventive maintenance on equipment and identify/improve procedures/results.
· Conduct testing of raw materials, analyze results, and determine if raw material attributes comply with manufacturing standards.
· Conduct testing of in-process product, analyze results, and determine if in-process product attributes comply with manufacturing standards.
· Conduct testing of finished product, analyze results, and determine if finished product attributes comply with manufacturing standards.
· Conduct problem analyses, investigations, instrument/method troubleshooting and issue resolution as necessary.
· Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed.
· Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, identify/improve procedures/results, develop individual capability and help others improve their capability.
· Perform a method transfer protocol.
· Implement quality procedures. May perform an IQ/OQ/PQ.
· Implement improvement procedures.
· Exhibit strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Exhibit strong teamwork and leadership skills, adhering to all required Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements.