1. Perform analytical method development, validation and quantitation of small molecules using UPLC / MS.
2. Develop high-throughput methods for the extraction of small molecules from solid matrices.
3. Perform quantitative, elemental analyses using FAA.
4. Assist in developing qualitative methods for routine UPLC / MS usage by chemistry team.
5. Maintain laboratory equipment and confidently troubleshoot analytical instrumentation.
6. Review and evaluate data, write reports and robust protocols for smooth operation of laboratory facilities.
7. Keep and maintain a meticulous laboratory notebook with transparent scientific reasoning.
8. Assist in the creation of well-written, accurate, and timely reports to company management.
9. Solves complex analytical problems as well as recommend/implement continuous laboratory improvements.
10. Recognize errors, identify root causes, and recommend process improvements.
11. With minimal supervision, safely and effectively develop, establish, and validate analytical testing methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products.
12. Provide timely analytical services using other techniques such as HPLC, microwave and Karl Fischer titration to cross-functional groups within the organization.
13. Act as Study Director in support of new product development within compliance of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) guidelines.
Education: Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry with 0-3 years’ experience or M.S. in Analytical Chemistry with 5-10 years’ experience preferred.
Experience: Must include practical hands-on experience with the qualitative and quantitative analysis of small molecule pharmaceuticals. Must have hands-on and demonstrated expertise in creating quantitative analysis methods using FAA, HPLC, LCMS and UPLC instrumentation. Knowledge and usage of Empower software and strong background using statistical methods are desirable.
Qualifications: Must demonstrate expertise in theory and application of LC-MS to develop quantitative analyses of small molecules embedded within a sample matrix. Must display strong analytical reasoning and communication skills in areas outside of Analytical Chemistry. A working knowledge of computer and work processing/spreadsheet programs, more JMP statistical discovery software is desired. Familiarity with Waters instrumentation a plus.
Click Here To Apply