Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
The position is located at our Corporate office in Lakeville, MA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and analytical chemistry deliverables on assigned chemistry methods and processes.
- Participation as an empowered team member to achieve the laboratory goal to be a high performing team providing quality data and data interpretation to stakeholders.
- Adherence to SOPs, Methods and GLP protocols with a willingness to strive for continued improvement using sound scientific approaches to problem solving, research projects and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated mastery of methods and analytical instruments as assigned, and laboratory information management systems.
- Customer-oriented approach to sample handling, testing and reporting.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deliver scientific results and messages to both scientist and non-scientist cross functional team members.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Technical Knowledge and Experience: Minimal B.S. (Preferred M.S.) degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or related field, plus 7-10 years of experience in chemical analysis that includes hands-on instrumentation operation/maintenance as well as hand-on chemical method development.
- Demonstrated experience and mastery with chemical analysis methodologies of HPLC, GC and Mass Spectroscopy.
- Data Management: Familiar and comfortable with electronic data collection and compilation applications (such as a LIMS or ELN systems) and instrument operating and data management systems (such as Agilent ChemStation or OpenLab, Sciex OS and Thermo Fisher Chromeleon). Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices and ability to apply Scientific Approach to problem solving and research projects.
- Comfortable with networking with and leveraging capabilities of external professional organizations such as AOAC or ACS.
- Demonstrated ability in Thought Leadership: comfortable with complex decision making and balancing technical savvy with stakeholder business needs; ability and willingness to learn new things, bring ideas for improvement to the team, and be collaborative in solution finding by making sure all key stakeholders are included
- Demonstrated ability in Results Leadership: advanced in planning and aligning work; comfortable driving continuous improvements in work processes and work product; strong willingness to take initiative and strive for excellence and solutions.
- Demonstrated agility in People Leadership: ability to hold self and others accountable to stated goals and objectives; drive the completion of projects and initiatives; ability to share and achieve common goals with internal and/or external teams; ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- ½ Day Fridays in the Summer
- Onsite Fitness Center & Classes
- ManiPro, Dry Cleaning, Zippity Car Service, Onsite Dental Cleanings and many more…
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.