Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Full-time Position Available!
Avamere Health Services
25117 SW Parkway Ste. B
Wilsonville, Oregon 97007
Are you looking for a role where your work can make a real difference in people’s lives? The Avamere Family of companies provides a comprehensive continuum of post-acute care and senior living settings to help seniors with a range of healthcare needs and post-retirement options. We’re looking for a player/coach who can drive an aggressive analytics agenda.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a small team of analysts
- Set the agenda for the team
- Complete your share of the projects
You will need to be:
- Deeply (even obsessively) customer focused
- A leader who can coach, mentor and grow an exceptionally talented team
- A curious, self-starter with a passion for data and analytics
- Have a gut-feel for data – a sixth sense when something doesn’t look right
- Able to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users
- Able to work with business customers to understand their needs and then use your deep knowledge of analytics (which they don’t have) and deliver products they hadn’t even imagined
- Have a disciplined, engineering mindset to manage our projects in an agile environment
- 4+ years experience in analytics.
- 2+ years experience in people management (hire, fire, reward, grow)
- Experience with a dashboard tool (Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Solid basic computer skills required to administer dashboards in a corporate environment (we are Microsoft based)
- Experience working with users of data and discerning their needs.
- Diligent and able to follow through on commitments – strong project management skills
- Experience with analytic modeling in a scripting language (Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Commitment and examples of learning new technical skills
- Solid communication skills
- Strong understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics
- BS in technical field
- Power BI experience specifically
- Python data experience (Pandas, SciKit Learn, etc.)
- Healthcare experience
- Data Science experience (e.g. machine learning)
- MS in analytic field
We have an attractive and casual office in Wilsonville just off the freeway with free parking. And, we have nearby Starbucks and restaurants. Avamere is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our healthcare and clinical background lends itself to a more caring environment than you might find in the tech industry. Note: Our stewardship of sensitive data means that a criminal background check is required to join Avamere.
When applying, please be sure to share your Github profile.
And you should know that at Avamere we take our Mission and Core Values seriously.
Mission: To Enhance the Life of Every Person We Serve
- Integrity above all else
- Passion for the quality of people’s lives
- Quality that is obvious
- Innovation, not emulation
- A culture of trust and respect
- Reaching to learn, grow and embrace change
- Teamwork, camaraderie and fun
As a part of the Avamere Family of Companies, we embrace our mission “to enhance the life of everyone we serve.” Being a part of Avamere provides us with comprehensive clinical resources such as therapy, home health, and hospice care to best serve our Independent and Assisted Living residents. The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients and residents.