Posting Title: Engineer III
Full-Time (W2 Contractor)
Work Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
As an Android Engineer you will be a key member of our mobile engineering team, responsible for deploying solutions on handsets and tablets. You will have the opportunity to work independently as well as contribute as part of a team which partners with our Headquarters & carriers on prototyping new features. Post release work includes contributing to a retrospective – identifying where issues have occurred, areas for re-architecture, creating flexible architecture. Good analysis skills are required for success.
- Ability to work across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
- Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
- Collaborate with other platform engineers. Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
- Create Technical Design/ Feature Documentation based on Product Requirements.
- Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
- Results-driven, able and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Build strong working relationships with co-workers, product and other intra company teams.
Necessary Skills & Requirements
- 3 years of Software development experience and minimum 1 years of Android development.
- Expertise with object-oriented design and development mandatory; knowledge of common Java “design patterns” are desirable.
- Experience to work in Agile Project Management & development methodology
- Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls
- Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, and event based programming issues.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library.
- Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the development team.
- Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
- Minimally Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required.