Tired of moving and changing jobs every 6 to 12 months as an IT Contractor?
We have a multi-year opportunity in Austin Texas for a Senior Level Android Engineer on our Scrum team!
We are seeking an Android Engineer. We are a successful software firm based in Austin, Texas developing next-generation technology for the financial services industry - including mobile and web.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Our team works on an innovative, highly dynamic web applications with a quickly growing user base. We strive to deliver the best experience for our users and customers while also maintaining a code base that is as simple and clean as we can make it. We work closely with product management, QA, and other teams throughout the life of a project. We love open-source, using the latest technologies to create outstanding user interfaces.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter, able to find opportunities to add value and execute solutions.
- Excited about working in the growing financial technology industry.
- A collaborative team player that can adapt well to a changing environment.
- Help ensure application performance and quality
- Help maintain code quality and architecture.
- 5 or more years of native mobile application development experience on Android
- Must have advanced skills in latest Android SDK
- Deep understanding of Java language fundamentals (e.g. threading).
- Deep understanding of Android fundamentals (e.g. activity/fragment lifecycle).
- Familiar with web communication standards (e.g. HTTP, REST, JSON, etc.).
- Experience testing web services using Postman or similar.
- Strong aesthetic sense of proper object-oriented design.
- Strong debugging and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of mobile security best practices.
- Ability to work with Android layouts without using the visual editor.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a fast, agile and nimble environment with frequent change.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, CIS/MIS or related .
skills: Preferred Skills:
- Testing experience with Expresso
- Experience developing apps in a professional capacity (submitting to the store, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Fastlane)
- Experience working with designers and product managers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.