Want to code for good, wellbeing, friendship, fun, and women's empowerment? Is building Android apps your jam? Do you helping people live better and happier lives? Do you like to make friends and want to build systems that connect millions of women around the world? Well, you're in the right place and we can't wait to meet you!
Hey! VINA is the social networking app for women to find and meet new friends. Backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (NEA and Greylock) and Tinder (Match Group), we're opening up HQ in LA and looking for our mobile leads.
Our Android app is newly released, and our Hey! VINA was named Best of 2017 by the App Store. VINA is used in 158 countries around the world, and we have some super fun to build and launch features planned! We're looking for the right person to join us in building the exciting future of VINA in beautiful Los Angeles!
Your primary focus will be the development of new features and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside designers and other engineers working on different layers of the infrastructure. So your commitment to collaborative problem solving is essential!
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Experienced with Java and Kotlin (our app is in Kotlin)
- Experience with or interest in React Native and GraphQL
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Experience working with third-party integrations
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with Git and continuous integration
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Bonus points if:
- You've worked on a consumer social app with a large active user base before
- Have been sole Android dev on a team and aren't afraid of the responsibility that entails
- You love meeting new friends!