We Are Hiring
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
- Develop high quality cloud-native applications using Java/Spring Boot microservices on GCP
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Create unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with other teams (i.e. Product, PM, etc.) to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Participate in Agile routines and ceremonies; daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Expertise in Java8+/Spring Boot
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc), SQL, and database/schema design
- Experience with TDD/BDD/DDD using JUnit, Cucumber etc.
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated mastery of the full SDLC including CI/CD and modern build and deployment tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit are a must have
- Experience designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Expertise in microservice architectural patterns and design
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with message broker/event queue technologies (e.g. Rabbit, Kafka)
- Experience with Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- B.S in Computer Science, M.S. in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline preferred
- 1 year of experience required.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in an Agile environment preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.