Genesis Healthcare System is seeking an Anesthesia Medical Director to help lead our growing hospital employed practice. The opportunity is for a single site, 260 bed facility, that staffs 18 ORs (12 main OR, 7 outpatient surgery center on same campus). This opportunity offers flexible scheduling, excellent administrative support, and a collegial work atmosphere. Our facility is located just 45 minutes from Columbus .
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Salary Range: $500-550K
- Signing Bonus
- 8 weeks PTO-with CME funds (5k per year)
- 1:8 call schedule
- Medical Direction Model
- Specialty Cases Include: Gen Surg, OB/GYN, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pulmonary/CC, ENT, Cardiology, Vascular, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Urology,
- EPIC-Electronic Medical Records Integrated System-Wide
Medical Director Role:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Medical Director shall work with Hospital staff to develop and grow its ANESTHESIA program.
- Medical Director will perform the following marketing and integration functions:
- Assist in the growth and development of ANESTHESIA programs and services.
- Assist in marketing and web-site development for Anesthesia Services.
- Perform activities to integrate the service line with and network with other physicians in and around the Service Area.
- Perform activities to integrate the service line with other Hospital service lines (i.e. sports medicine, stroke, cancer care, cardiology, trauma, etc.).
- Actively participate on Hospital committees (unless otherwise described in this Second Addendum, Genesis committees shall not include meetings, committees, and conference attendance related to medical staff appointment/privileges and medical staff by-laws) for areas that involve Anesthesia Services.
- Participate in education and teaching functions for the Hospital and medical staff.
- Medical Director will assist the purchasing department in creating streamlined vendor choice for ANESTHESIA instruments, equipment and other supplies.
- Medical Director will represent Anesthesia Services in discussions and meetings with other institutions or agencies involving Anesthesia Services medical care issues.
- Medical Director will assist in obtaining information about federal, state and local regulations and codes applicable to Anesthesia Services, applicable HFAP and CMS regulations, professional service and administrative requirements, and expectations of other accrediting bodies and third-party payors.
- Medical Director will prepare a periodic report (Quarterly) for Administration, summarizing actions, concerns and recommendations upon request.
- Medical Director will provide physician coverage and oversight of services in accordance with Hospital policies and applicable requirements of accrediting and/or certifying body of the Hospital.
- Medical Director will help manage, review, and respond to federal, state, or local surveys and inspections.
- Medical Director will participate in all Hospital corporate compliance programs applicable to Anesthesia Services.
. II. CLINICAL
- Medical Director will assist with monitoring the quality of ANESTHESIA procedures performed and provide feedback to the ANESTHESIA Department Director/Manager or to the appropriate medical staff committee as deemed necessary.
- Medical Director will establish regular meetings with the ANESTHESIA Department Director/Manager as appropriate to discuss departmental needs and issues.
- Medical Director of Anesthesia Services will help obtain the services of qualified professionals to serve as consultants to help meet patients' special needs.
- Medical Director will assist in developing in-service and other education programs and materials for attending physicians and professional staff within Hospital, in cooperation with Anesthesia Services management.
- Medical Director will provide current information and advice regarding patient care, new treatment modalities and other clinical topics pertinent to the Anesthesia Services staff.
III. GENERAL ASSIGNMENTS:
- Medical Director will lend assistance as requested by Anesthesia Services management and where medical training and experience may best be utilized to present Hospital in a favorable light.
- Medical Director will help maintain a nurturing environment that supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Hospital.
- Medical Director will foster teamwork within Anesthesia Services; encourage cooperative approaches to achieving quality goals and objectives; assist in resolving problems, improving services and maintaining superior customer relations.
- MISCELLANEOUS JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Director shall abide by Hospital and Companys policies and procedures applicable to Medical Directors.
- Medical Director will assist in the review, and revision when agreed upon, of this Job Description on an annual basis.
- Medical Director will assure adequate coverage by qualified physicians when on vacation or otherwise not available to Anesthesia Services.
- Medical Director shall have the authority to act in accordance with Medical Directors professional judgment; nothing in this job description shall be construed as giving Company control over, or the right to control, the professional judgment, treatment, or actions of the Medical Director with respect to professional services rendered in this position.