Anesthesiologist in Beautiful Reno/Lake Tahoe Area
VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) in Reno, NV is seeking a full-time board certified/board eligible anesthesiologist to join our surgical staff to provide general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, and monitored anesthesia care for general, vascular, thoracic, orthopedic, GU, ENT, ophthalmology, and podiatric surgery. Also included is anesthesia for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the cardiac catheterization lab and interventional radiology.
The staff Anesthesiologist may be responsible for:
* Assessment of, consultation for, and preparation of patients for anesthesia including pre-operative patient exam and assessment.
* Provision of insensibility to pain during surgical, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures and the management of patients so affected.
* Monitoring and restoration of homeostasis during the perioperative period, as well as homeostasis in the critically ill, injured, or otherwise seriously ill patient.
* Diagnosis and treatment of painful syndromes.
* Clinical management and teaching of cardiac and pulmonary resuscitation.
* Evaluation of respiratory function and application of respiratory therapy in all its forms.
* Supervision, teaching, and evaluation of performance of both medical and paramedical personnel in anesthesia, respiratory, and critical care.
* Conduct of research and collaboration in research efforts at the clinical and basic science level in order to proactively identify gaps in evidence and practice, then measure the impact of filling these gaps and linking evidence to practice. Relevant research findings and quality improvement results can then be systematically fed back to providers and patients, as appropriate.
* Provides anesthesia-related direct patient care in all functional areas of the OR, PACU, ICU, ward, and out of OR procedural settings as needed.
* Administrative involvement in hospitals, medical schools, and outpatient facilities necessary for implementation of these responsibilities.
* Involvement in quality improvement efforts.
VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) provides inpatient and outpatient care to a large geographical area that includes 20 counties in northern Nevada and northeastern California. The Reno campus is the site of the Ioannis A. Lougaris VA Medical Center, which operates 64 hospital beds and 60 Community Living Center (CLC) beds. VASNHCS also manages community-based outpatient clinics in Auburn and Susanville, CA, and Carson Valley, Lahontan Valley, Fallon, and Winnemucca, NV. VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System provides health care to approximately 120,000 veterans.
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Anesthesiologist will range from $285,000.00 to $300,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
Welcome to Reno/Tahoe! Nestled at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains with easy access to Lake Tahoe, Reno is ideal for your inner adventurer. Enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking in the summer, sledding and snowshoeing in the winter, or head on up to the slopes to ski or snowboard where many Olympic athletes train. Check out our many hip restaurants and shops in Midtown, or take a walk by the river downtown and stop in at a dog friendly brewery. We are the home of a dynamic art scene and many iconic events: Artown, Hot August Nights, Street Vibrations, Rib Cook-off, Great Reno Balloon Races, Reno Rodeo, and the National Championship Air Races. Summers can get hot, but the humidity is low, and there is no state income tax in Nevada! For more information click: Special Events.
We encourage you to consider VA employment in Reno, NV. We offer both a mission you can put your heart into and a home for fun, new experiences. Join a team that values a healthy home/work life balance and be rewarded by your role in keeping the promise to those who served." For more information click Recreation
For more information, please visit www.whyreno.org.
For more information, please contact VA Healthcare Recruiter:
Kelly De Boer