|**May not own or have contact with other birds or poultry.**|
Description: Under the direction of the Manager, this person will perform or assist in the performance of all duties involved with the care of animals. Hours are M-F, 3am-12 pm, rotating weekend work required.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Oversees and cares for poultry.
- Operates all equipment within a manner prescribed by manufacturer's recommendations or as documented in controlled documents. Reports any abnormal functions of the equipment to manager.
- Maintains accurate and timely paperwork and files. Can complete all calculations required within the manufacturing record.
- Performs duties in accordance with all federal, state, local and company regulations, SOPs and guidelines.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment in accordance with documented procedures and inspects same before use to insure that it has been properly cleaned and ready for the prescribed use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Multiple head-to-toe, full body (hair included) showers DAILY are required.
- Previous animal care experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in a poultry processing and/or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Ability to lift / push/ pull 50 lbs. and carry it at least 10 feet.
- Must be able to squat, bend, and stoop, as well as twisting and turning.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Attention to detail and ability to document work perform.
- Ability to read and understand SOP's and guidelines and ensure adherence to them.
- Clean MVR.
- Must be a team player.
- Poultry and/or Animal background or experience.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Strong mechanical background.
- High School graduate or equivalent.