Our client is seeking candidates to serve as Comparative Medicine Specialists in their Animal Resource department. On a daily basis these candidates will be responsible for general animal husbandry, changing rodent cages, and potentially euthanizing rodents in the event they are sick. These candidates will be working alongside research scientists. Candidate must be comfortable handling and being around rodents on a daily basis.
- Working within a research-adjacent environment
- Handling small animals - mice, rats, and more as you build your skills
- Cage changing
- Cage washing
- Monitoring and report daily health of animals
- Record critical facility data/documentation on a daily basis as required by local, state, and federal regulatory agencies overseeing how animals are cared for and used in research, teaching, and education.
- Administering medication
- Perform duties within various animal bio-safety levels.
- Sanitize animal facility equipment including the use of tunnel washers, rack washers, automatic watering systems and autoclaves for sterilization.
- Receive and process incoming animals and supplies in the absence of the Facility Manager or designer.
- Implement environmental enrichment program intended to minimize animal stress in the research setting.
- Attend technician meetings and training sessions on all aspects of laboratory animal care and uses of animals in bio-medical research as scheduled by the supervisory staff.
- High school education.
- 6 months of professional experience handling animals or academic research experience handling animals.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.