Title: Animal Model Specialist Research Technician IV
Job Location: Silver Spring MD
We are seeking an Animal Model Specialist Research Technician IV for an anticipated procurement to support research programs and projects at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). Availability of this position is contingent upon contract award.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is committed to providing world-class technical, management, and scientific support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized for driving projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical support in the research and development of novel medical countermeasures against wound infections. Areas of expertise may include: 1) Molecular biology, 2) Microbiology, 3) Immunology, 4) Microbial ecology, and 5) Animal models of wound infections
- Contribute to the development of research protocols and grant proposals and in the conduct of research related to trauma‐related infections.
- Perform routine laboratory duties required for the smooth and safe operation of laboratory such as maintaining a supply of clean glassware, properly disposing of hazardous biological and chemical waste, preparing reagents, and maintaining an inventory of laboratory chemicals.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook in which accurate and complete records of laboratory work in accordance with contract requirements to include modifications.
- Follow laboratory SOP’s and specific written experimental protocols as well as oral instructions in performing assigned experimental work
- Submit reports and data summaries as requested and prepare research results for presentation and publication in the scientific literature.
- Comply with occupational health and safety standards and other applicable regulations and guidelines which may include medical surveillance.
- Attend seminars, scientific conferences, and meetings.
- Assist in the monitoring of supplies and preparing supply requests for approval.
- Report to the Alternative Bacterial Disease Branch collateral duty officer in accordance with the Safety Office and other applicable guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in science
- Three years lab experience
- Place of Performance: Silver Spring MD
- National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI)
- Travel may be required
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans