Provides women’s health care and education, with an emphasis on family planning and prenatal care services in Kotzebue and the surrounding villages. Provides care to intrapartum and post-partum women and babies in the hospital. Participates directly in program planning, policy and procedure development, continuous quality improvement, and program evaluation.
- Provides family planning services including counseling and education, patient history and annual exams, pap smears, contraception methods and post-partum examination.
- Provides initial prenatal assessment and follow-up plan of care including FAS/drug education.
- Provides care interdependently with other health care providers to intrapartum and post-partum women and babies in the hospital.
- Provides tracking of prenatal patients including patient chart review and risk identification of all new prenatal patients, village clinic calls, recording of lab reports, etc.
- Conducts prenatal classes and participates in school health education as needed.
- Travels to villages to perform exams, provide information to the communities and health aides.
- Coordinates services with other health care providers and programs to ensure patients’ needs are met and patients are satisfied.
- Participates in staff meetings and Family Service Team and multi-disciplinary work groups as needed.
- Participates in program planning, development of policies and procedures, continuous quality improvement and program evaluation.
· Current license as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Certified Nurse/Midwife, or Physician’s Assistant, with emphasis in prenatal and family planning services.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, to ensure that sensitive information remains private.
· Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles and growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s policies and procedures.
Job Share/Part Time options
Come join a compassionate and adventurous team in a wonderful professional work environment. You will get to live above the Arctic Circle, discover Inupiat culture and experience life on the tundra with intriguing people who are balancing the preservation of their traditional language and customs while implementing the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality service.
• Relocation for the employee and family
• Subsidized housing
• Large PTO earnings & cash out options
• Free health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance for the employee
• And more! Please contact Jeanne.email@example.com for additional information.
Job Location- https://www.nwabor.org/village/kotzebue/
Kotzebue is located 549 air miles northwest of Anchorage and is 33 miles above the Arctic Circle. There are no highway systems that connect the region with the rest of the state, however Kotzebue’s Ralph Wein Memorial Airport supports daily jet service to Anchorage and Nome as well as smaller prop-driven aircraft to 11 surrounding villages.