The AP Processor provides clerical support for necessary Accounts Payable obligations. This position will work closely with Accounts Payable specialists as well as the Controller and Assistant Controller to help improve the timeliness and efficiency of our AP functions.
AP Processor Job Duties:
- Process / input vendor invoices into Accounting software timely and accurately.
- Receive and organize statements from vendors, verify paid and unpaid invoices, and retreive unpaid invoices as needed.
- Responds to vendor and inter-department inquiries.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of AP
- Makes calls to vendors to clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures.
- Process payments to vendors/suppliers/subcontractors timely and accurately.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- This position requires the employee to work in an office-type environment. Occasionally the position requires the employee to travel to other offsite locations for work-related purposes.
- Working hours vary, but typically consist of daytime hours between approximately 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. but may include extended hours during extremely busy times and for meetings and/or other events.
- This position is open to all candidates with clerical accounting experience, and entry-level accounting graduates and students.
- $15.00 per hour.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- Must have a strong understanding of, and the ability to read, write and speak English.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Must have a clean criminal history.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key.
About the Company:
Allied Building Service Company of Detroit is a progressive and growing building maintenance and construction company that services the Southern Michigan and Northern Ohio areas. Allied is proud of its superior customer service and professional attitude to provide excellence to all customers since 1948!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Allied Building Service and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability or Veteran status.