NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
- Fundamental Accounting principles knowledge/training
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Job Costing, and Purchase Order matching
- The ability to understand, investigate, problem solve and expedite complex AP transactions
- Review and verify T&M invoices, record retainage and percent complete
- Determine sales and use tax applicability
- Verify the receipt of contract deliverables
- Set up new vendor accounts, identify new, disadvantaged and 1099 vendors
- Obtain proper authorization prior to payment
- Run annual 1099s
- Maintenance of a manual AP paid filing system
- The matching, coding and data entry of invoices
- Pulling backup for weekly check runs
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and efficient habits
- Confidence and good judgement
- Be friendly and have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to concentrate and work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Multitask/juggle multiple demands and priorities
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.