Finding yourself without work? Fairfield Residential is hiring.
Our Service Manager oversees the overall appearance and maintenance needs of our apartment community. As a leader, this position will collaborate with the Property Manager. The Service Manager must maintain the overall curb appeal; supervise the maintenance staff; coordinate make-readies and move ins/move out schedules; perform general maintenance repairs; conduct preventative maintenance and oversee the construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment community.
At least three or more years’ of hands-on property building maintenance experience is desired; specifically Apartment Maintenance is preferred. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. HVAC-EPA (Type I & II) and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) licenses may be required based on the property’s needs. This position is on-call and responds to after hour emergencies. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is needed. Our residents will enjoy your friendly personality as you diligently work to make their home a beautiful place to live.
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Perform, schedule and supervise maintenance repairs throughout the property including the common area amenities, resident occupied units and vacant units in preparation for new resident move-ins.
- Schedule, monitor and conduct preventative maintenance on various equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, swimming pool(s), carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Direct and supervise the daily activities of the property service team.
- Collaborate with the Property Manager to coordinate the move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion of all repairs in preparation for all new residents.
- Budget and maintain an up-to-date supply inventory on all equipment, tools, and supplies for the property.
- Manage open service repair requests through Yardi.
- Lead, motivate and develop a successful staff.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all residents.
- Ensure that policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance expectations are met.
- On-call responsibilities to respond to after hour emergencies. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is needed.
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
What you can bring to the role:
- Three or more years of apartment maintenance experience. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- High level of skill in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pool, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Your strong technical skills identifying and diagnosing maintenance issues.
- Track record leading and directing a successful maintenance team.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to our customer. Our residents will take notice and appreciate your detail on a daily basis.
- Strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once while remaining detailed and well organized.
What is required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- EPA Certification, Type I & II.
- CPO Certification (Pool), as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to be on-call to respond to after hour emergencies.