Finding yourself without work? Fairfield Residential is hiring.
The Apartment Maintenance Service Technician assists in the maintenance repairs necessary to maintain the property’s overall quality and curb appeal. Technicians will respond to maintenance repair requests, and prepare vacant units in preparation for new resident move-ins, while delivering excellent customer service. Delivering a safe and a high quality of living is of utmost importance in this role.
This is a great opportunity for those with prior experience related to property or building maintenance or skilled in general trades to join Fairfield for a lasting career in Apartment Maintenance. Our residents will enjoy your friendly personality as you diligently work to make their home a beautiful place to live.
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Perform maintenance repairs throughout the property including the common area amenities, occupied units and vacant units.
- Assist in maintaining the exterior grounds and providing excellent curb appeal.
- Make repairs to the following the areas related to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, pool, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Complete regular inspections as directed by Service Manager.
- Ensure that policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance expectations are met.
- Communicate and effectively work together with your fellow team members.
- On-call responsibilities to respond to after hour emergencies. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
What you can bring to the role:
- General knowledge in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pool, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Attention to detail and commitment to our customer. Our residents will take notice and appreciate your detail on a daily basis.
- Friendly personality and dedication to helping others when responding to our resident’s requests.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Professional communication skills.
- Strong ability to work well within a team.
- Strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
What is required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.