Apartment Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Technician
Buccaneer Property Managers
St. Louis, MO 63114
Apartment Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Technician - Apartments
Buccaneer Property Managers is a family owned business that has been managing property for over 40 years. We currently own and manage four properties located in Hazelwood, St. Ann, Ferguson and Charlack.
Buccaneer is seeking candidates to fill two separate positions for San Rafael Townhomes, a 212-unit property in North St. Louis county.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, accident and critical illness coverage, vacation, sick, personal days, and more.
Our candidate must have 2-3 years of hands-on supervisory experience in multi-family (apartments) housing. The supervisor’s position will consist of both directing and performing maintenance functions, overseeing two maintenance technicians and working daily with the Property Manager.
- Supervise maintenance technicians including delegating work, reviewing service requests and training.
- Ensure maintenance techs have all of the instructions/tools necessary to complete the job and
- Check their work progress daily.
- Track supplies/inventory and coordinate with Director of Maintenance.
- Supervisory Experience: 2 years (Required)
The Supervisor candidate must also meet all of the requirements and complete all of the duties of the Maintenance Tech position below.
Must be available every nine weeks for Emergency on-call as needed.
Areas of experience and position responsibilities include:
- Extensive knowledge of heating and cooling systems and the ability to troubleshoot, repair and replace these systems.
- Hands-on experience with gas furnaces and water heaters.
- Working experience with electrical, plumbing and light carpentry.
- Partner with property manager to efficiently maintain the property.
- Be “present” on the property daily, inspecting and ensuring that all is clean and well-kept including hallways, basements, work areas and maintenance shops.
- Complete work orders, including: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and other building maintenance.
- Monitor the completion of work orders/service requests in order to limit call backs.
- Ensure all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be occupied are completed.
- Inspect apartments at move-out; track and assist in getting them ready for the next residents within company guidelines.
- Requires personal, courteous contact with apartment residents.
- Must maintain high level of competency and efficiency with all staff, residents and vendors.
- Be available for quick responses if on-call duties are required including responding to resident service calls within 24 hours.
- Follow up and successfully assist in resolving outstanding issues.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings upon request.
- Maintenance: 2-4 years (Required)
- multi-family housing: 2 years (Required)
- Hands on HVAC: 3 years (Required)
- High school (Required)
- St. Louis, MO (Preferred)
- EPA certification
- HVAC (Required)
- CPO preferred
Please email resume and cover letter for immediate consideration.