Objective: To manage a well-maintained, fully occupied 95-unit apartment community in the South (Arboretum) area of Charlotte, NC
Skills Required: Out-going personality, good problem-solving and organizational skills, detail oriented, math/bookkeeping aptitude, able to meet deadlines, flexible, able to work alone with interruptions
This is a one-person office with two co-managers alternating days requiring the individual filling this position to have experience in all aspects of apartment management.
- Check emails and respond to internet and phone inquiries, set appointments, etc. Monitor market rates in the immediate area
- Meet applicants outside normal business hours if necessary
- Welcome prospects, show and “sell” apartments, qualify prospects -- verify income, previous residency, credit/criminal history and other documentation as needed to evaluate for approval
- Maintain records of traffic sources
- Prepare leases and provide orientation with new resident
- Prioritize, schedule and supervise all aspects of maintenance – employees and subcontractors – for make readies, buildings, grounds and work orders for occupied apartments, etc.
- Inspect vacancies, evaluate condition of the apartment and determine maintenance, repairs and replacements needed
- Obtain bids from subcontractors for work on the grounds and buildings, electrical, plumbing and major projects
- Inspect the work of all subcontractors during and after completion
- Order materials and supplies within company guidelines
- Verify that services have been rendered and/or materials received before forwarding approved invoices to home office for processing
- Walk the property at least daily to check for maintenance issues, policy violations, trash, etc.
Rent Collection, Reports, and Other –
- Record rent/other payments and balances in manual system, prepare and make deposits, follow-up on outstanding rents, file evictions
- Follow up on expiring leases to facilitate renewals
- Prepare leases for transfers and renewals
- Handle any resident problems or disputes, lease violations, evictions
- Process move-outs including necessary paperwork
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity and financial reports
- Maintain resident and apartment files
- Fill in for or assist managers at our sister properties as needed and other duties as assigned