Corporate IT - Middleware team is looking for an expert API Management professional to lead API Management initiative. If you are flexible, passionate about working in a dynamic team environment, and exhibit good communication and organization skills, you would be an excellent fit. Are you looking for improving API experience and securing API's in a hybrid (cloud & on-premise) and a complex decentralized IT organization? This position is for you. In addition to core responsibilities of leading the API Management effort, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in ’s digitization efforts, setting API strategy & governance for Corporate IT and business segment information systems teams. You will also be working with the exciting AI and self-learning based Ping Intelligent API security.
The Corporate Middleware team serves a vital function, connecting critical business systems and applications across the company necessary to improve employee, vendor and customer experience.
- You will be responsible for Architecture, Administration, Governance and Management of API Management Platform which includes Axway API Gateway, API Portal, API Manager & API Analytics.
- You will collaboratively work with other Middleware team members to provide 24/7 support to Corporate & Business segment teams for API Platform.
- Automate patching, upgrades, deployments, common administration tasks & activities.
- You will undertake improvement opportunities like measuring, performance tuning and optimization.
- Work with Axway Support to resolve environment issues.
- You will work closely with architects, developers, consultants and systems engineers.
- Document architecture, procedures, configuration changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Experience in Architecture, Design and Implementation of Axway API Management 7.6.X Platform.
- Knowledge and experience with API Security standards, API Design standards, patterns and practices.
- Good problem analysis and resolution, impact verification, troubleshooting, coaching, and facilitation experience.
- Knowledge designing and implementing API Governance.
- Deployment Automation through usage and understanding of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Hudson.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an ability to diagnose problems across multiple disciplines.
- Experience in implementing Axway API Gateways with high availability in a multi-cloud and on-premise environment.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Linux Administration is desirable.
- Decent understanding of containers, micro-services and cloud architecture is a nice to have.
- Hands on experience using Oracle API Gateway is desirable.
- Experience with MySQL/Maria database platform is desirable.
- Experience with coordination of deployments in large scale, diversified, multi-department environments.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal & documentation skills will be given preference.