Beitzel Corporation is an industrial construction and service company with over 40 years of experience in the energy, mining, industrial construction and aggregate industries. Corporate Headquarters is located in Grantsville, MD with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive work environment, competitive wages, additional travel pay, excellent health insurance including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, short and long term disability, paid holidays and paid time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for a full-time API Pipe Welder. The API Pipe Welder will utilize welding and fitting techniques to permanently join metal pipes on location or within the Fabrication Shop, whenever circumstances permit. This position will require a flexible schedule that will include emergency call-out work and a combination of out-of-town and shop work. The scope of work may extend across multiple industries to include, but not be limited to: Oil and Gas, Industrial Construction, Manufacturing, Power Plants, Commercial, Aggregate, Coal, etc.
The API Pipe Welder will report to Group Manager of Millwright and Mechanical Services and work out of various customer locations. Typical areas of operations include, but are not limited to: MD, VA, PA, WV, OH and NJ.
- Perform well-head welding procedures, including: installation of load rings, well head flanges, etc.
- Perform pipe layout and field welding according to blueprints, specifications and customer needs
- Determine proper welds to use based on the type of metals involved and the situations in which the pipes will be used
- Perform shop structural steel welding and fabrication, when not assigned to field and pipe welding
- Interpret and determine dimensional information for drawings and specifications
- Layout, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly using straight edges, combination squares, and rulers
- Recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, to include cutting torches
- Fabricate, install, position, or connect components, parts, finished products, or instruments for testing purposes, including hydro-testing
- Maintain a safe work area and properly ventilate to avoid inhaling dangerous gases or particulates
- Operate forklift and man-lifts
- Utilize hand and power tools common to the welding trade, to include cutting torches
- Perform rigging and set up chain falls and direct crane lifts in accordance with company safety standards
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist in other areas of the company
- Must have 3+ years of pipe welding experience in industrial applications
- Preferred candidate will have 1+ year experience in the Oil & Gas industry and be able to provide industry references to confirm capabilities
- Must be able to achieve an API welding certification
- Qualified applicants will be required to perform a series of pipe welding operations during the interview process to include: a 6G, 5G, 2G and 1G weld test
- Possess proven SMAW (Stick) welding skills (GMAW (MIG) and GTAW (TIG) experience a plus) – testing required
- Preference will be granted to candidates that possess an API welding certification
- Possession of an ASME pressure vessel welding certification is a plus
- Ability to cut and fit pipe and perform other material layout
- Ability to read and interpreting blueprints, Specifications and other Project Documents
- Must be able to effectively design, modify, measure, determine proper angling, fabricate and weld steel plate, shapes, and piping to resolve and repair design issues by making alterations with the equipment in place
- Strong mechanical knowledge and experience operating forklift and man-lift
- Must possess rigging knowledge and experience and be able to effectively set up chain falls and direct crane lifts
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, possess a positive attitude, and work well with co-workers and customers
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that will include extensive out-of-town field work; emergency call-out and shop work
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction and supervision
- Demonstrated history of Safety and Safety Awareness
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Regularly surrounded by hot materials and strong light
- Regularly walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb ladders and stairs; and crawl
- Outside work and will be subjected to harsh weather
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds unassisted
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible and extended schedule
- Must be safety and customer-focused, without exception
- Required safety equipment: Steel toe and/or metatarsal shoes, protective eye wear, hard hat, hearing protection, protective goggles, masks, face shields, welding gloves, etc.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license prior to employment
- This position requires the completion of a thorough background check including driving, employment and education verification, SSN eVerify, employment references, and pre-employment drug screening. In accordance with our Organization’s Drug and Alcohol policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Beitzel Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.